PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: Dirt Cheap 20B Race FD.

Gomez
26-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't know this guy, I've never seen this car....but he owns his own race workshop so he can't be clueless. Intermittent problem with the caps button on his keyboard, but hey....

Info below from AusRotary:

http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=213559&sid=b5415e756dd61c9594d9fc5ff31bc742

For sale: fd rx7

Item Condition: minta

Price and price conditions: 20g

Extra Info: Hey guys I'm selling the RX7 series 7 project car which I have in my workshop. It's as is un finished and it's a USA spec so it's left hook.

It has an all new genuine Mazda 20B extend port. Recipes for the engine total around $27k alone, modified Cosmo intake with 105mm Hypertune TB, custom exhaust manifold with new GT45, Turbosmart wastegate, 4" full dump pipe and exhaust system. It has a custom made ITP115mm thick intercooler and alloy pipework, custom made alloy radiator, 2 at PWR oil coolers, Project MU big front brake upgrade, Final Drive upgrade tail shaft and big center bearing set up, $2.5k cusco rear diff rebuilt new, 6 speed trans with NPC billet twin plate clutch with pull to push conversion, the car has a multi point welded in roll cage suitable for circuit or drift work with a complete custom made carbon fibre interior for the car replacing every panel including dash pad and gauge cluster which cost $25k alone, it has car on fibre bonnet and body kit. I want $20k for the lot it's super cheap but I need a quick sale on it so spread the word please.

Pictures: tomorrow
Contact Details: ITP 9434 6608 [email protected]

Gomez
26-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Well, maybe he's a little bit clueless.

It's a left hook US spec FD.....therefore it isn't a Series 7. Still bloody cheap though.

MobileChicane
26-11-2011, 02:28 PM
MMM, he's not actually the owner of the car either Steve????? Don't know exact specs?? being LHD it is quite restricted for what categories it can be used for.
Just pm'd him before!!!

Buckets
26-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Why do people post forsale threads with out pics. It's stupid, people always end up asking for pics anyway. Should be a rule no pics no thread. :)

Gomez
26-11-2011, 02:36 PM
MMM, he's not actually the owner of the car either Steve????? Don't know exact specs?? being LHD it is quite restricted for what categories it can be used for.

Okay, getting a little murkier then.

What race categories are ruled out because of the LHDness of the car, Drew?

On the face of it, this car is worth the $20K and you can just send the shell and cage to Simsmetal for the $150 scrap value.

1bigfella
26-11-2011, 11:07 PM
It is SOLD, according to Oz rotor.

Gomez
26-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Didn't think it'd last....on sale for less than 12 hours.

Hopefully someone here bought it.

Suprspt
27-11-2011, 06:45 AM
What race categories are ruled out because of the LHDness of the car, Drew?

Not he - I can think of only one, but ineligibility because it's a sports car rules it out long before the driving side becomes an impediment.

MobileChicane
27-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Not he - I can think of only one, but ineligibility because it's a sports car rules it out long before the driving side becomes an impediment.

Was going to say that i recalled a rule change sometime ago re something to do with if the car was locally available in RHD, then LHD couldn't be used???

I would suggest that Bill or AB would probably know, and there you have it....!

I tried buying it, just wanted the parts list verified, but to no avail!!!!! Bet you it ends up as a drag car

Hoke Colburn
27-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I would be rather nervous about depositing any money as a deposit on such a "deal"

Bavarian
27-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Most def. I would have been on that like flies on shit but that was far too good to be true. Would have sold with another 15 grand on it. Sounds like a fake sale to me. More common than u might think.

3ROTOR
27-11-2011, 07:18 PM
u have to go see this in person to pay any money . being LHD aint a prob easily converted..