PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Strong Pull Type Clutch! New or Used

JDM JET
10-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Wanted: Strong Pull Type Clutch for Series 6/7/8 RX7 (Must be capable of 400hp+)
Would prefer new or very close to new!

Extra Info: New or Used

Contact Details: Ty 0432163456

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Pick up or will pay for postage

Even if someone knows a good shop to purchase as exedy says they are out of stock on twin plates and need to order with 8 week wait!

Thanks,

Ty

MobileChicane
10-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Hey Ty,
Give george @ Pac's a call, i'm really happy with the clutch set up that he's put in my car. 02 9792 7076 - It's pretty sad when i know the number without having to look it up - does that mean i've spent way too much money with him????
Mate, any info you need for your set up, or just to pick brains (or the little amount of them that i have left) feel free to call me 0418 238 326.
Brad is also awsome for sharing info & he's done more trial & error than any of us when it comes to track set up!!!
Cheers, drew

JDM JET
10-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Any Idea what they put in?

Last time I spoke with him he said they mostly install a single plate exedy. either way I will give him a call.

Well I am thinking of converting to a Series 5 Gearbox and running a push type Clutch. then I considered running a bellhousing spacer and a push type clutch. or running something like an O S Giken with the Pull to Push convertor. seems hard to find the exact clutch I need that will just go straight in without waiting for it from japan!

for sure mate I really appreciate it, so much homework and I still have so much to do!!!

Daffodil
10-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Hi Ty i may be able to help you out with a complete s/hand clutch kit with flywheel out of my car, its a Exedy clutch kit. Pm if your interested

MobileChicane
10-06-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm speaking to him tomorrow, will ask what & how much for you. I know it's single plate & ther've got cars running 10 sec passes on them with stock box's. Mine was great at superlap, great pedal feel & shift!

JDM JET
10-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks heaps mate that would be great. if you can also check availability that would be even better again. I will need a Flywheel and if u can just check if his kits come with counterweight. cheers again. :)

Craysus
10-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Ty,
Have a look at the Xtreme twin plate carbon setup...its very similar to the Exedy. Adjust has one in his car and says its a good bit of gear.

Made in Australia too..

http://www.xtremeclutch.com.au/page.asp?parentid=5&parent2id=76#viewimage

Brad
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
if you get lightweight fly wheel i have a series 6 auto counterweight if you want? not sure how much these go?....