PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Stock series 8 front lip :(

BTM
10-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Swine flu has another victim. After getting my swine flu tests done (I have a fever and am not currently in a good way) I was completely out of it and misjudged the height of a cement parking block which caught the front lip and put a nice bit of damage to the passenger side.

I was going to speak to a plastic welder to see if they could repair it, but i don't particularly want to paint it, so i don't think that'd work.

I guess worst case scenario is if someone does a fibreglass copy, but i'd prefer it to be original.

Thanks in advance guys.

Gomez
10-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi Ben,

If you have no joy secondhand, they're still available new from places like RHDJapan, for example:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Mazda-OEM-Kouki-99-Lip-Spoiler-RX-7-FD3S-19458

$318 airmail.

BTM
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up. It's annoying coz only one half is damaged hahaha.

Oh well. Definitely a good thing to know.

bighaks
12-07-2009, 01:27 AM
RX7 Guy has half a lip, remember seeing it when i was there picking up parts. dont know what side though

rfah
12-07-2009, 02:53 AM
WOW. did the price for that go down on RHD or has it always been like that i picked up a 2nd hand for around the same price

RHDJapan
16-07-2009, 08:08 PM
The lip spoiler is actually two pieces with two separate part numbers. If you purchase the item from the site and only want one side please make a note in the special request section at checkout and we will send half of your payment back to you.

thank you!

djgreeny
16-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Bought my front lip from RHD....top service....and new lip looks hot....:D