PDA

View Full Version : New Moderator - Gomez

admin (The Stig)
11-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the Moderating Team Steve!

Steve was instrumental in providing feedback in setting up the new site, finding Bugs and of course the famous Dark Skin.

Craysus
11-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome aboard ....you poor poor poor man...now you will lose the rest of your potential sleep time.. :)

Gomez
11-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks gents.

I've really enjoyed helping out during the start-up phase, I'm sure the day-to-day running will be just as much fun.

Free virtual donuts to all those on the dark skin. It's a good time to switch over people, they're very tasty ;).

Cheers :cool:.

ADJUST
11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Great decision :)

Rotary Wolf
11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Congrats Gomez :cool: i feel a lot safer knowing your a moderator , at least i wont have an overseas moderator banning me :D

Cheers
Michael

Craysus
11-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Congrats Gomez :cool: i feel a lot safer knowing your a moderator , at least i wont have an overseas moderator banning me :D

Cheers
Michael

Well...you have one that may not :postal::postal::postal:

andy
12-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Gomez takes bribes ?

Gomez
12-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Well...you have one that may not :postal::postal::postal:

Gomez takes bribes ?

Hahaha....the emphasis in Michael's post is on the word "overseas".

I gather he prefers to be knocked around by local Mods :D.

Rotary Wolf
12-03-2009, 07:51 AM
This thread brings back memories :( after all it was made intu a sticky by our own Australian moderator Hymee who was batting for me but lost the fight :D , being the resorfull type i stayed on under 8 different forum names over a 4 year period and still a member to date :lmao:

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=71789

Forum Behaviour
I would like to draw everone's attention to the forum rules, just in case we think of slackening off.

http://www.rx8club.com/faq.php? (http://www.rx8club.com/faq.php?)

There is a section on "User Behaviour" and "How we Handle Violations".

I'm trying at the moment to negotiate the release of a couple of members, but I can only stick my neck out so far. I go into bat for you guys quite a bit.

At the moment, one member has been banned for a few days because he openly "mod bashed". I'm sure this can be sorted out real soon.

I'm not sure if Lock has been banned permanently or not, but if he isn't he is on a final warning. In the eyes of the powers that be, he crosses the fine line too many times.

So please, lets try and make this place enjoyable for all, and keep it tame. I know we all get a bit of a kick out of some humourous inuendo here and there, we just have to know where to stop.

It is all in an attempt to prevent this place from degrading into something not worth visiting.

Also - it takes up so much time trying to keep up to date with stuff, and dealing with violations and pests all the time makes it most un-enjoyable. I have been pushing for a few esteemed members for moderator status to help me out on this, so y'all need to be on your best behaviours!

Cheers,
Hymee.

vortex
12-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Since when is this an RX8 forum? :rolleyes:

KILLA B13
12-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Since when is this an RX8 forum? :rolleyes:

It's nearly as homo? :bigsmile:

Nah but seriously, he's just giving his side of the story. :)

hyrola
12-03-2009, 02:46 PM
LOL i say get rid of the dark skin... BOO! I tried it yesterday, all it did was hurt my eyes and any normal text colours in chatbox are unreadable ie. Blue.

I say dont give gomez moderator powerz.. instead BAN HIM for the skin!!!

lol

joking! :)

Gomez
12-03-2009, 04:32 PM
LOL i say get rid of the dark skin... BOO! I tried it yesterday, all it did was hurt my eyes and any normal text colours in chatbox are unreadable ie. Blue.

I say dont give gomez moderator powerz.. instead BAN HIM for the skin!!!

Hey, the yellow is just as unreadable against the light skins!!

The dark skin is too hardcore for some, but that's okay.....we cater for all types here :p.

ROFLBOT
12-03-2009, 04:36 PM
i can be mod hello???

RX8 FTW!!! haters.....eat a fat one....

KILLA B13
12-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey, the yellow is just as unreadable against the light skins!!

The dark skin is too hardcore for some, but that's okay.....we cater for all types here :p.

Even freaks who sit in the dark, never to see the sun, with massive eyes and fluro skin? Those kinds of weirdos use dark skins. I'm not sure we should encourage those types.