PDA

View Full Version : CLOSED: Hatch swap.

mik
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
g'day all, my cars about to go in for a repair/respray and in part of this process i was wanting to get the S8 wing, my car was origionally RB (no wing), meaning to install a wing I would have to drill into the boot lid, something I just know I would fuck up. I am fully aware that many people wish to go spoilerless, And as such would either have to put in plugs, or body filler to cover the holes. So i figured maybe a direct swap, and we can both save a bit of hastle, plus you can have a factory smooth boot lid... for whatever reason its worth to you..
My car was origionally red but the lid will need a respray anyway as its more of an orangy pink colour, although from what ive seen from this board so far, not a lot of you have Red cars so a respray was a given anyway.

pics:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9044/picture002lbq.jpg

i didnt embed the image coz its a big one (3mb)

Of course this is just a feeler for now to see if anyones interested, if not ill just go ahead wiht the origional plan.

ps those antenna thingies are stuck on wiht double-sided, which i have since pulled off (no holes)

vortex
03-03-2010, 10:26 PM
RB's came with wing on them. If it's not on there now the holes have probably been welded and it's probably not a great idea to go drilling anyway.

MAVRCK
03-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Haha I would so swap you if my rear screen didn't have all my hard earned stickers on it :p

mik
04-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Actually i think its the RB-s that came with the wing, ive even had a good look under the trim and cant see any signs of welds apart from the welds where the layers of metal have been joined together, here is a few pics, I dont actually know where to look for holes but i can imagine where they would be, ive turned the brightness up on a few of the images.

http://img3.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=04032010004.jpg

those splotches and lines on the outside i think are reflections of the clouds and powerlines

XTRMN8
04-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I would have swaped for sure if the wiper hole was filled as well. I have a series 8 wing for sale if you are interested though.

Suprspt
05-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Not that I'm much into such things, by version 5, RBs had a possible choice of five rear hatch combos (more if you include the superseded ones).....going by the prefixes, some the same as version 1 and 2.

NFI where a S8 wing mounts - have a faded red hatch from one of those early years, there are several holes for wing mounting, you could swap for that if you liked. Personally, I'd just mark out your existing hatch and break out the drill.

The Burning Giraffe
06-03-2010, 02:13 PM
im interested man and ive got 2 hatches here ive pmed ya!

mik
08-03-2010, 08:39 PM
all sorted and gotten~!