PDA

View Full Version : FS: BNR Stage III Twins.

Rix
25-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I was planning on keeping these but I have to book some flights & could do with the cash.

They are BRAND NEW never used. These are not your average Stage III twins. They were specifically built for ME by Bryan. They are slightly larger than what customers can normally buy. They have Mirror Polished Housings & Include EVERYTHING you need to just bolt them onto your car. I have 3 customers making ~400rwhp running Stage III's with boost from 2.5k thru to 8k.

BNR Turbos & Ported Wastegate
Fully MATCH Ported Manifold
Fully MATCH Ported Intake Pipes Front & Rear Turbo
Fully MATCH Ported Extended Y Pipe
Fully MATCH Ported Gaskets

I have no idea on shipping so wil have to check but I want $4k ovno

As I said you would not need ANYTHING else, this is a direct BOLT ON replacement

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/Rixio_Scon/Stealth%20Engine%20etc/_MG_6766.jpg

Raffmeister
25-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Rix what other upgrades are necessary to run these,? I'd be so scared of my apex seals letting go and ruining a 4K set of turbos!

v8eter
25-04-2010, 07:49 PM
fuck im in love if only i didnt but a t04z

Rix
25-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Rix what other upgrades are necessary to run theses,? I'd be so scared of my apex seals letting go and ruining a 4K set of turbos!

Depends what you want Raff, you can run them with your current setup at say, 0.8/0.9bar and they will still be much punchier & much more aggressive over stock. You will comfortably be able to run for years without having issues. There is a set back home that have 16k miles on them running 1bar on stock ports & engine.

In order to achieve similar results using Stock twins, boost would have to be over 1bar, which usually kills the stock tubs within 6 months. However the progressive & aggressive mid range Tq levels will not be anywhere close to the Stage III's, purely due to the fact Stock Twins are not as efficient.

If you wanna go the whole hog circa 400rwhp/350KW you would need fueling upgrades, cooling upgrades & solenoid upgrades aswell.

fuck im in love if only i didnt but a t04z

If only :)

Raffmeister
25-04-2010, 08:22 PM
"If you wanna go the whole hog circa 400rwhp/350KW you would need fueling upgrades, cooling upgrades & solenoid upgrades aswell."

Well I have the Sard pump/reg and 4x850 cc injectors, a koyo rad and RE AST just wondering what's possible with that and these turbo's?

Rix
25-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Didn't realise you had injectors! In that case it's a whole different ball game! You should easily achieve ~350hp

Just to add:

If you run 0.9bar using the BNR's you will still have a MASSIVE increase over stock. You don't have to rev it through to 8k to get it going because it has such useable power in the mid range. The car is a totally different animal it really is night n day.

Round the corner from my house back home there are 2 speed bumps about 50m apart, if I went over at 5mph in 2nd gear @ near idle revs and punched LOUD by the 2nd speed bump I'd be at 30mph within 25/30m and still have ample braking time :D

Raffmeister
25-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Didn't realise you had injectors! In that case it's a whole different ball game! You should easily achieve ~350hp

rwkw?

Rix
25-04-2010, 08:36 PM
hp bud...:)

1bigfella
25-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Awesome units if you are staying twin. Some info on turbos.

The new BNR Stage 3's have many improvements over the factory HT12 turbochargers. The factory HT12's are not rebuildable in most cases. The stage 3's however are not remanufactured turbochargers. They have new CHRA's (Center Housing Rotating Assemblies) and the factory end housings are machined to fit the new CHRA's. The Stage 3's are not rebuilt or remanufactured.

The turbine wheels have larger inducer and exducer measurements over stock giving the turbine wheels more leverage to push the larger, more efficient compressor wheels while decreasing backpressure in the turbine housings. The turbine wheels have more blades giving it even more leverage than before and also the wheel casting is much thicker than stock. In an event of a blown apex seal, the turbine wheel (more than likely) will survive, unlike the stock turbine wheels in the stock twins or the 99 spec twins which are a very thin cast that will be heavily damaged. Apex seal damage will cause slow spool, inadequate boost, and lack of power. The shafts in the stage 3's are 1/4" in diameter compared to 5mm in diameter like the stock/99 spec twins. Also the shaft has left hand thread shaft nuts which eliminates the issues of shaft nuts shooting off like the stock turbos have a tendancy to do under high boost. It can lead to engine failure if cases are bad enough.

The thrust bearings are upgraded to a 360 degrees for proper lubrication of the rotating assemblies up to 180K rpm! This means you can run a tremendous amount of boost without killing thrust bearings. The stock thrust bearings are 270 degree bearings which aren't reliable to run over 15 psi of boost. 360 bearings are standard on BNR Stage 3's.

The stage 3 comes with an adjustable wastegate actuator. This allows you to turn up or down the boost mechanically w/o a electronic or manual boost controller. The adjustable actuator can also make the boost controllers more effective because you are working them less to turn up the boost.

The stage 3's can be ran sequential or in non sequential forms.

Craysus
26-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Having been in Bryans workshop, and chatting to the man, I think these are some of the best turbos out there if your staying twin.

Much more reliable than oem twins, especially the weak abraidable seal type (280ps turbos)
Can handle higher boost etc...

Very good option for those after a OEM / legal look..a decent upgrade from the stock oem twins..

of course....real men will use a big single :):):)

Bo0o0ost
26-04-2010, 03:09 PM
You can only say that when your car is actually running Sandy :P

Rix
26-04-2010, 08:56 PM
IF SOMEBODY TAKES THE TURBOS THIS WEEK I WILL LET THE ENTIRE LOT GO FOR INCLUDING SHIPPING FOR $4K.

I'll even throw in a free pair of HKS Filters like these...worth $200 odd
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/Rixio_Scon/Parts/IMG_24571024x768.jpg

Otherwise it's +shipping $200, as you can imagine it's quite a substantial package.

Raffmeister
27-04-2010, 04:04 PM
keep twisting my arm mate.....

Rix
27-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Too late Raff...They just sold :gavel: