PDA

View Full Version : Way too Much Stuff!!!

JDM JET
26-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey guys,

I don't really mind that there is a new forum or really get involved with all the "FORUM" stuff but I do like to keep up to date on news and events and things for sale and wanted, etc.

Seems like there is way too many topics and sub topics, etc. On here and it appears alot of the features are being unused...

Personally I think it is a better Idea to keep it simple so everyone is up to date with everything. alot of us don't have time to scan all the shit on here. LOL

Let me know what everyone else thinks...

Cheers,

Ty

Also: on a side note the "BUY" and "SELL" is around the wrong way...

Jonny.s
26-03-2009, 12:19 PM
its good to have sub categories which makes it easier for users to find exactly what they're looking for, but i do agree it looks a bit messy and i think its just the layout that needs to be changed/configured a bit

Gomez
26-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Minimise by clicking the green arrow on the upper RHS of the group.

ADJUST
26-03-2009, 12:56 PM
You can also just click on view todays posts to see what has been posted instead of going through the whole forum.

JDM JET
26-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Minimise by clicking the green arrow on the upper RHS of the group.

I am aware of this.

You can also just click on view todays posts to see what has been posted instead of going through the whole forum.

Fair enough I just thought a little bit of excess fat could be trimmed but up to you guys.

ADJUST
26-03-2009, 10:54 PM
I think we kind of feel we want to allow the forum to grow without the need for further adding as we go along. Big plans :)

BigWillieStyles
27-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I am aware of this.

Fair enough I just thought a little bit of excess fat could be trimmed but up to you guys.

I actually had the same thought, but wasnt going to say anything. But does there really need to be separate sub-catergories for Fun and Games, Hi Tech, RC Models, etc. Searching for a past thread becomes a long task with so many subs.

Gomez
27-03-2009, 12:56 PM
It's a process of adaption, I think.

The other forum had a lot of it's subforums buried behind headers that were further broken down again.

It took ages to find anything and there was a lot of thread duplication as a result.

That wont happen here.

OppLocker
28-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Iiiiiiiiiiiii like aeroplaaaaaaaaaaaane jelly!!!!! aeroplane jelllyyyyyyyyy for meeeeeeeee

rotformot
28-03-2009, 11:12 AM
LMAO at RXHEAVEN. Guys i think it is looking great considering it has only got up and running recently. Things will sort themselves out in time. lol. Keep up the great work. :D

Big Hugh Ness
29-03-2009, 09:49 AM
My 20c worth. Website setup looks good. ATM, it's like a big, vacuous cave, but it will fill up (hopefully with useful stuff - not the kind of crap I go on with). Nice and fast. Keep it fast, keep it fun, you got me.

SP RX7
11-04-2009, 09:25 AM
I for one think that there is WAY too much stuff on here... I would prefer to see it trimmed right back so it is not a nightmare to find things and to prevent people posting in incorrect areas etc.

sejanus
20-04-2009, 01:01 AM
lol, i sent this by msn to andy then saw this thread

dude the fdrx7 forum is suffering from OCAU syndrome
wayyyyy too many subforums/categories
you should (or tell them) to make it only a few like pf
i barely know where to look

Gomez
20-04-2009, 01:59 PM
I for one think that there is WAY too much stuff on here... I would prefer to see it trimmed right back so it is not a nightmare to find things and to prevent people posting in incorrect areas etc.

I've seen around half a dozen threads moved since the start up.

That's bugger all in the scheme of things.

If it gets trimmed back at all (which I doubt), it won't be by much.....one or two sub-forums, maybe.

Just out of interest, give us a plan of how you think things should look. Indicate exactly which sub-forums you'd like moved or merged.

BigWillieStyles
20-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I've seen around half a dozen threads moved since the start up.

That's bugger all in the scheme of things.

If it gets trimmed back at all (which I doubt), it won't be by much.....one or two sub-forums, maybe.

Just out of interest, give us a plan of how you think things should look. Indicate exactly which sub-forums you'd like moved or merged.

I actually thought this at first, but have since got used to the layout, however if I was to get rid of some non-essentials, media, hi tech, fun and games, and links are really just something that belongs as a sticky in the lounge IMO.

cracka
20-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I Like it the way it is, good simple layouts and descriptions.