PDA

View Full Version : Found: HID lights

Jonny.s
30-03-2009, 11:41 AM
As per title, no cheap stuff but also not at a rediculous price..

looking for a cheap deal of course, if not i'll probably buy the MU secret ones for 330.. if anyone can get them cheaper pleaseee lemme know thanks.

Jonny.s
30-03-2009, 05:31 PM
went ahead and purchased the mu-secret ones. thanks

cracka
30-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow Jonny, six hours from second hand tail new. Not a bad effort :D.

What do you like about the MU Secret ones, have you seen them in the flesh or are you going straight off the website? Price seems right and I need something to up the light from the stock. Any insights greatly appreciated.

Jonny.s
30-03-2009, 07:01 PM
haha nah man havent seen the mu ones before but it raff got them and says its good so i thought i'd check them out. life time warranty on the ballyst and 1 yr warranty on the globe as well.. i feel more comfortable buying from them rather than ebay chinese stuff. :) i'll get them installed as soon as i can.. if you want we can meet up and go for a cruise or beer and u can check them out if your wondering what they look in person before you buy

cracka
31-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Sounds good. Are you going to install them yourself or getting a shop to do it? From what I can read it's plug & play, but that is not always true.:D

Raffmeister
01-04-2009, 01:42 AM
It's not hard, they are plug n play. An hour or so and you're good to go.

cracka
01-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Hi Raffmeister, do you have them installed? Are you happy with them? Any regrets?

hyrola
01-04-2009, 10:28 AM
i didn't think HID's were true plug and play.. this means straight swap out, no messing about. I though you had to make some modifications and stuff.

I dont know for sure but i have heard there is a small amount of work to get them installed? Maybe someone can do a write up on installing them for future users? I know id like to read it!

rfah
01-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes, a write up would be good. go go go !

Jonny.s
01-04-2009, 10:43 AM
haha well i was told they're easy to install but if i've never done it and it doesnt come with instructions then i'd probably be clueless.. if theres a write up on it i'll attempt it myself if not ill probably convince a mate to install them for me :)

Raffmeister
01-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Raffmeister, do you have them installed? Are you happy with them? Any regrets?

Yes i installed them myself, they are a HUGE improvement over the previous MU secret HID, so far so good..............I asked the guys at MU where thay were made as I didn't want chinese crap again, they were coy in answereing my question, so I did a google search on the brand and yes, they were chinese.I don't expect them to last the life of the car but for $200 and installed by me I can't complain, I needed to get rid of the previous crap as they just didn't work and didn't want to get fined.

Raffmeister
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
haha well i was told they're easy to install but if i've never done it and it doesnt come with instructions then i'd probably be clueless.. if theres a write up on it i'll attempt it myself if not ill probably convince a mate to install them for me :)

check my write up of HID install PT1/2 in the electrical section of this forum, only very minor work needed to make the driver's side fit............

hyrola
01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
but raff.. i recall you mentioning you had to modify your lights in some way.. please elaborate!

hyrola
01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
ahh it was on this board you wrote it up.. thought it was fdowners raff.

Gomez
01-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Under $500 is very cheap.

The ones on my car cost the previous Japanese owner about AUD$1000 going on my research.

Velias.

http://www.fdrx7.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=216&stc=1&d=1238551279

Jonny.s
08-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Installed MUSecret 6000k hid's over the weekend and embarrassed to say that it took 8 hours between me and 3 mates to get the job done, a wire off the ballyst got jammed and wrapped around the motor which controls the popup lights!

very impressed with these HIDs, have yet to adjust them lower.

edit: just realised the pics are on my home PC not at work lol doh!