PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: 2002 Spirit R Type A - 13,133km

SpiritR
07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi

I have for sale a Titanium Grey Spirit R Type A. It is well maintained, in immaculate condition and has only minor, selected modifications.

I imported it myself, completely stock, and hence have all the orignal parts for it which are included in the sale. I have owned it for 3.5 years and in that time have put on just over 6,000km on the clock.

Car 2002 Spirit R Type A (the 2 seat version with Recaros)
Colour Titanium Grey
Mileage 13,133km
Location South Australia - Adelaide

Modifications
- Mazda SP bonnet (original - with carbon fibre vents) - very rare
- Mazdaspeed carbon fibre airbox
- Mazdaspeed/ARC stock mount intercooler
- Mazdaspeed Aluminium AST
- Fujitsubo legalis exhaust - legal
- PowerFC - dynotuned in adelaide by Knightsport's Japanese tuner

Other info
The car was modified for reliability and drivability - you will note the mods have tried to aid engine cooling as much as possible. The tune was also a "safe" tune using standard boost levels so that the turbo life was not shortened. It makes 200rwkw.

This car drives like a stock car. In fact all the mods are only mazda factory parts - so it really a factory special rather than any old modified car.

The car has been garaged and well maintained.

I am a mature owner and this is my second FD - hence it has not been thrashed. I was planning on keeping this forever as it is a very collectable car with very low km and has all Spirit R parts included as part of the sale if you want to return it to stock (ECU, original bonnet, intercooler, airbox)

You won't find another car like this available in Australia

Price: $49,990

Contact - or PM me (Kev)

Rotary Wolf
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Steve Gomez heres your chance to finally buy yourself the car we all know you secretely lust after .

One of the best examples out there nearly as good as mine :p:muppetcool:

THUNDER 20b
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Looks like its a very nice example. Good luck with sale!

LUZNIT
07-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Very nice man....if the 13000kms is legit along with the limited mods....id say its worth the coin......good luck with the sale.
Looks like its a very nice example. Good luck with sale!

Daffodil
08-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Nice Loooking Spirit R Type A...
Best you fix up your add as it say 131 000Km,s not 13 000kms..
Good Luck with sale:wollsmile:

Raffmeister
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Hmmm, nearly as nice as mine! :wollnod: I'd buy it if I had the filthy lucre...can never have too many mildly modded Spirits!

Gomez
08-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Steve Gomez heres your chance to finally buy yourself the car we all know you secretly lust after....

For this price and this car with these mods (incl ALL the orig gear)...I wouldn't even bother flying over to have a look.

I'd just send the cheque and get it trucked back.

On the market two years too late for me.

Wink
08-12-2010, 01:18 PM
SpiritR: just wondering what are your thoughts on the Legalis exhaust, especially compared to the stock item?

SpiritR
08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Very nice man....if the 13000kms is legit along with the limited mods....id say its worth the coin......good luck with the sale.

It had approx 6000km when I imported it. I have the jap service books around somewhere which supports that so it is all legit. Certainly I can account for the aussie Km's

SpiritR
08-12-2010, 10:40 PM
SpiritR: just wondering what are your thoughts on the Legalis exhaust, especially compared to the stock item?

I personally really like it. It is a little more free flowing than stock with a nice low burble but it is not overly loud. I wanted something that would be suitable for long distance driving if necessary.

It has a nice little up tilt when looked at side on (see pic)

I also have the stock exhaust which the new owner is welcome to have too

SpiritR
08-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I personally really like it. It is a little more free flowing than stock with a nice low burble but it is not overly loud. I wanted something that would be suitable for long distance driving if necessary.

It has a nice little up tilt when looked at side on (see pic)

I also have the stock exhaust which the new owner is welcome to have too

oops - here is the pic

Parag0n
08-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Beautiful car mate, if that Aluminium Genuine SP Bonnet doesn't sell with the car please get in contact with me as I've been searching for one to replace my FRP SP Copy.

Rotary Wolf
09-12-2010, 12:24 PM
IMHO car is sitting way to high needs lowering

Raffmeister
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I agree, wack some coilovers on her and drop her at least 1" all round, the lowest setting on Teinn SS's work a treat!

SpiritR
12-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the comments guys

I've had a few requests about the interior - I hadn't actually cleaned it when i took the pics the other day. It is basically as new - as you would expect for the km.

I've given it a quick vacuum and dust and here are the new pics of the interior.

A bonus item is a Mazdaspeed carbonfibre rearview mirror cover :)

(mods - would you mind deleting the previous post without the attachments included? thanks)

SpiritR
12-12-2010, 11:36 PM
These are the tyres it came with (which i have sold)

i believe the bridgestone potenza s-07 were an OEM tyre that only came on the spirit r?

you can see they were almost new, consistent with 6000km.

The still had the chalk markings on them!

(I changed them for goodyear eagle F1's - they won the motor performance tyre test that year - as they have again in the current issue of motor. I then sold the original tyres as I had no more need for them)

Buckets
13-12-2010, 12:17 AM
I want this so badly, I wish I had the spare $$$ right now. Good luck with the sale.

74ME
13-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Looks like there is another BONUS item, padded ash tray!

Set of Steak Knives if purchased before Xmas perhaps?

Gomez
13-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey Kev......is that a double DIN refrigerated can holder???!

SpiritR
13-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Looks like there is another BONUS item, padded ash tray!

Set of Steak Knives if purchased before Xmas perhaps?

Heheh - forgot that was an option

the other bonus option is the aluminium scuff plates

oh and the cargo cover (non standard on jap cars) - but that is really digging the bottom of the barrel :P

Hey Kev......is that a double DIN refrigerated can holder???!

:nod: great for keeping the drinks chilled :nod:

actually - that would be the only non standard item that came with the car - it is a sony double din md/cd player. It has red led and has a rotary pattern- i think it suits the car perfectly. It didn't worry me not having the original mazda unit. It's got the bandwith modulator so it works in aus.

Gomez
13-12-2010, 07:18 PM
The red border floor mats ain't standard either....extra cost option on the Spirit R.

Daffodil
14-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Beautiful car mate, if that Aluminium Genuine SP Bonnet doesn't sell with the car please get in contact with me as I've been searching for one to replace my FRP SP Copy.

I have a Genuine Spirit R as well and think this Genuine Sp bonnet should go to a Spirit R owner right GARRY,.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:fight:

Yuki
26-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Nice clean Spirit R goodluck with the sale!

Brick
30-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Why not keep the Potenza s-07 tyres on it? Or did you need to change them when doing compliance...

Gomez
30-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Hahahaha.

Mine still had the 15,000km 8yo OEM Potenzas on it when it arrived and they were as hard as granite. They roared so much on the road I thought the wheel bearings were seized!!

All cars imported from Japan must have their tyres replaced during compliance regardless of their age or tread depth...it's an ADR requirement.

SpiritR
31-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Why not keep the Potenza s-07 tyres on it? Or did you need to change them when doing compliance...

Hahahaha.

Mine still had the 15,000km 8yo OEM Potenzas on it when it arrived and they were as hard as granite. They roared so much on the road I thought the wheel bearings were seized!!

All cars imported from Japan must have their tyres replaced during compliance regardless of their age or tread depth...it's an ADR requirement.

It is a compliance requirement I think. I knew the importer so I actually managed to keep the original tyres on the car. The change for me was voluntary - I wanted new rubber for the car.

I couldn't hang on to the old tyres as I did not have enough storage room. I just sold them second hand to someone else.

I took pics of them in case I ever sold the car to show the tyres and km match up (plus I have the jap log books)