PDA

View Full Version : FS: [SYD] Red 2001 RB

mik
04-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Hmm.. this thread is to serve as what I suppose you would call the 'draft' for what will be my carsales ad, so if you have any suggestions/opinions on the format of the ad, feel free to let me know. This thread also serves as the FDRX7 ad for the sale of my car, which will be cheaper for fdrx7 members than carsales contacts. I do not want to do this, but the numbers beckon that I dont have much of a choice if I wanna keep flying. Feel free to stroke my ego, but if you have any stupid shit to say, fuck off.

Up for sale is my RX7 FD, 2001 model in 'RB' trim. i wont bore you with essays, heres the specs:

Year: 2001 (series 8)
trim: RB (base auto[manual conversion])
Colour: Red, resprayed last year
kms: ~61000
factory options: sideskirts, fog lights... aand i think thats it..

goodies:
MANUAL 5 speed swap
280ps turbos
Bigger twin PWR oil coolers
Big alloy radiator
alloy AST
Greddy (or greddy style not sure) FMIC
Greddy Air INx intake
turbo smart 2 stage manual boost controller
Microtech LT10S ECU
"wannaspeed" Fast reacting IAT sensor
3" dump to 3" exhaust to twin tip VAREX muffler
"G4 Racing" coilovers with mazda motorsport Recomended spring rates
mazdaspeed type2 S6 wing (the design that eventually evolved into the S8wing you are all familiar with)
pioneer dvd player head unit thingy
"anti theft" 4point and shock sensor Alarm system, with built in immobiliser, passive immobiliser, and turbo timer.
Rims are Buddy club P1 in bronze, fronts are 17X8 with 235/45, Rears are 17X9 with 255X 40, Federal 595 RS rubber with plenty of meat left.

Battery relocated to the boot, its a slightly smaller 'batteryworld' battery, in a welded, riveted, and elbowed, sheet metal box, cast in carbon fibre, and inside lined with sealant, With a 10mm alloy pipe as a vent to the outside of the car. cable was plastic covered and has a circuit breaker.. I would concider this relocation a failed project for me, It works, it seals, but it isnt pretty.

Included with teh sale will be all my stock parts: SMIC, air box, all plastic ducting, stock coilovers, S8 16" rims (bald), and a boot lid i acquired.

Car made 300hp or 227RWKW on 14psi, and a bit less on 12psi. If i was to keep it i would have it retuned, just to get a bit of fuel economy back.

Price: $25k, or 23k For FDrx7 members. Price is negotiable, but not haggleable.

why so cheap? has it been crashed?

Yes, This car was in an accident about a year and a half ago, Damage was to the guard, door, and dents in the rear 1/4, and some suspension part damage, No removable parts were repaired, all damage parts were simply replaced (including a brand new rear 1/4 from japan) -OH except the front bumper which was repaired instead of replaced which pissed me off!-
Regardless of this, the car has been restored and drives beutifully, and looks the part. However, if youre a collector who is just looking for something to Rot in his garage, and jerk off all over on the weekends, this car isnt for you.

The engine runs and revs great, as do the turbos, if you bring a compression tester over i will happily let you hook it up to check for yourself. Oil has been changed every 2500kms with mobil 1, and always done a proper warm up/cool down process, has never been boosted cold.

Some of the things here may seem a bit negative, but the simple answer to that is that i have told you everything negative about the car, and can go through all the bits and pieces with a prospective buyer, How many other sellers will do that? Im not selling this to make money for another car, Im selling it to eliminate bills, eliminate 'risky' possessions, and get a bit of cash so i can get back 'in the green'

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5615/20110121160023s.jpg

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/981/20110122112545.jpg