Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Fuel Filter Relocation Kit

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FS: Fuel Filter Relocation Kit

Hi all,

I have created a fuel filter relocation kit for the FD, as you know the stock filter is quite expensive and a major pain to fit !

My kit mounts to the rear subframe behind the diff for easy access and makes future filter changes a 10minute job, not to mention the replacement filters are a $25 part. (V8 commodore filter)

I run this on my own 230rwkw car (115+mph trap speed) and several other customer cars including 550bhp e85 powered car. Filters are not change no where near enough which I have seen clog and lean motors out, I believe my kit addresses this issue by making the future task of the filter change quick and cheap.

$140 ea includes all required bracket, hose, filter and clamps.

Hope the mods don't mind me advertising my parts if I need to apply to be a vendor or something please let me know, I have a abn and provide receipts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    www.mazking.com
    FD Parts - Spares - Performance - ECUs - Intake - Injectors - Widebands - Adaptronic - SMB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuel Filter Relocation Kit

I can vouch for this kit. Very nice bracket and really easy to do the installation. I will throw pics up when its done but im still waiting to get my car back on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Does kit come with DI Y Fitting instructions ?

Also can you post up pic of the unit fitted ?
    Last edited by Rotary Wolf; 23-05-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    "Dont drive Faster than your guardian angel can fly "

B....free
    Michael

EX: Lock & LOad

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't even fit my hand/tools up there. one of the downfalls of oem set up..
    I have a problem.. I own a FD

Post Thanks / Like

looks good, will be on the cards for me at some stage.
    The NEW Cable (Tie) Guy!

http://www.blacktrackperformance.com

[10:06 PM] anfbogan: hey dave i have been looking for the SEARCH button on my keyboard all night as didnt want to ask a dumb question

shippy__: bloody metro sexuals, anf use to be one...he turned up in my garage with a suit on

shippy__: long neck in hand, thats my first impresion of anf suit and long neck

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i believe he is doing up DIY instructions as well, i picked mine up from him and had a good chat and explained it. It's pretty easy to do. The biggest bastard is getting the OEM one out, but once that's done all smooth sailing and never have to worry about it again. Change your filters every 6 months with ease and so much cheaper.

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, yes I will get some pics over the weekend, very busy with a couple customer cars at the moment. What is it with rx8 owners blowing their clutches lately.

The install is extremely easy, the hardest part is getting the old one out !
    www.mazking.com
    FD Parts - Spares - Performance - ECUs - Intake - Injectors - Widebands - Adaptronic - SMB

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Andy. Legend mate. Yes will provide instructions, I will also provide removal instructions for the oem item as I have found a few tips and tricks from doing them. Also happy to install for anyone at an additional labor cost.
    www.mazking.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see someone offering a kit but no offence the price of $140 for this is a rip off.

$25 for the filter, $10 or less for hose clamps and $12 or less for some rubber fuel hose, so that leaves a bracket with the remaining $90.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MazKing View Post
    .......Hope the mods don't mind me advertising my parts if I need to apply to be a vendor or something please let me know, I have a abn and provide receipts.
    I've already offered you the opportunity to start an intro thread to tell us about yourself, an opportunity you've not bothered to take up.

You posted the least legible verification pics ever seen on this forum, I am wondering if you even want anyone to know you exist.

We're not about to give you a rubber stamp of approval as a vendor!!

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

My time and effort to drive around and purchase parts from the 5+ different vendors plus the time & tools it takes to build the kit and custom cut the aluminium bracket. I don't work for free mate & I am a business who pays tax on all products. It is actually a poor investment for me vs time it takes compared to say - mechanical work.

Plus the fact the initial outlay will save customers a HUGE amount of time and money on future filter changes. but if I am a rip off feel free to keep buying the oem filters for a similar price and spending 2 hours changing it each time. but please don't come in here and slag me off for making a living.

Thanks Gomez. will do mate. I can put up
    More pics that is no issue.
    www.mazking.com

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to post more pics, I verified you already.

However if you introduce yourself, tell us about your history, your business, your racing, your car....then you can begin to build a relationship with the bunch of guys collected here who spend money on FD's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MazKing View Post
    My time and effort to drive around and purchase parts from the 5+ different vendors plus the time & tools it takes to build the kit and custom cut the aluminium bracket. I don't work for free mate & I am a business who pays tax on all products. It is actually a poor investment for me vs time it takes compared to say - mechanical work.

Plus the fact the initial outlay will save customers a HUGE amount of time and money on future filter changes. but if I am a rip off feel free to keep buying the oem filters for a similar price and spending 2 hours changing it each time. but please don't come in here and slag me off for making a living.

Thanks Gomez. will do mate. I can put up
    More pics that is no issue.
    What time and effort driving around? Buy a few filters, bulk packs of hose clamps and a few metres of rubber fuel hose all at one time (can order it all online) and then all your time is spent cutting the aluminium bracket (not hard) and cutting the hoses to length.

It is a rip off and I don't need to keep buying oem filters as I've already relocated my fuel filter, was one of the first things I did. If you like I can post links to all the individual pieces for the prices I listed above and then all that's left is to make a bracket of some sorts.

Maybe I should just make a kit and sell it for a reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Assail View Post
    What time and effort driving around? Buy a few filters, bulk packs of hose clamps and a few metres of rubber fuel hose all at one time (can order it all online) and then all your time is spent cutting the aluminium bracket (not hard) and cutting the hoses to length.

It is a rip off and I don't need to keep buying oem filters as I've already relocated my fuel filter, was one of the first things I did. If you like I can post links to all the individual pieces for the prices I listed above and then all that's left is to make a bracket of some sorts.

Maybe I should just make a kit and sell it for a reasonable price.
    Mate i completely agree with your view however i dont think its warranted to call his work a 'rip off'.
    Some peolpe dont have the time or know-how to make a kit like this. We are rotary owners and as most people would be aware we get ripped off with most parts on the market. Most shops will rip you off just because its an rx7..

I think people are smart enough to make their own judgement on prices. Judging by the quality of the original post i think it wont be too hard to make that judgement.
    SPEED KILLS!..Buy a Vtec and live forever!

FD parts for sale Melbourne CHEAP, TAKE IT AWAY! : http://www.fdrx7.com/forum/showthrea...203#post128203

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Assail View Post
    Good to see someone offering a kit but no offence the price of $140 for this is a rip off.

$25 for the filter, $10 or less for hose clamps and $12 or less for some rubber fuel hose, so that leaves a bracket with the remaining $90.

Hey you forgot to add the cost of the 3 zip ties and the plastic wrapping this all adds to the cost you know LOL
    "Dont drive Faster than your guardian angel can fly "

B....free
    Michael

EX: Lock & LOad

13B-REW
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuck you guys are hard to please! Not everyone in this world works for free, this guy runs a business so he has to make money to put food on his table

Good product mate, keep up the good work and sorry about the children above

Post Thanks / Like

This amused me, then puzzled me..
    If the price is too high and you can make your own, do it. No need to put down a business for the sake of 140 bucks considering you own a FD.. He has just offered a alternative solution for what seems to me as a reasonable price long term.
    $140.00 for a relocation kit, detailed un-install of OEM and re-install instructions of new... I think Bargain..

When people criticize a product, the customers who had purchased the product may be to embarrassed to give a review, which is most important to us.. Weather or not it actually works and saves $$ long term.
    It can also deter new buyers from purchasing the product

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I hate people...

Do you expect to get a product/kit for cost price? He saw a market for it jumped on it, good on him. I guess he got sick of people complaining about how much of a bitch it was to change the OEM filter.

With the kit and instructions, he's encouraging you to do it yourself and save money on paying a mechanic to do it. I know a few people who have paid someone to do it for them, not everyone has the enthusiasm to get their hands dirty or even the confidence.

Please leave your judgmental attitudes out of this thread people and any other for sale thread of any member of this forum. You would NOT tolerate people coming into one of your own threads and hijacking it with negativity and derogative comments.

He has made a kit to save people time and effort and if you want it then you'll buy it, but if you see better value in making your own solution then just keep your mouth shut and do it yourself, all good.

I've met Matt in real life and had a chat for quite some time. He has his head on firmly unlike a lot of the other "fd god's" who'll get you 700rwkw on 1psi on stock twins with downgraded injectors and only 2 spark plugs in your motor.

Get to know him, you'll realise he's not out to rip people off and is a nice guy. He is new to the forum and doesn't know how things work, so give him a break.

Fwiw, you can't see the actual bracket properly in the photo as the kit needs to be turned over to see it, but it's very nice and sturdy and not something you'd get off china ebay.

12A
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the support guys I appreciate it. Yes people bring their FD to me and snarl at the cost involved in replacing the stock fuel filter (I dont blame them the filter price alone is a bomb then add the labour involved) so this is a critial maintenance task which usually gets overlooked. (Yes I have seen motors lean out from clogged filters)

FYI Mazda AU Spare parts currently sell the stock filter for $129.05 then add labour. It's an expensive exercises each change.

None the less its good to hear feedback from both sides.
    www.mazking.com

Post Thanks / Like

As gomez said, get your intro thread up in the general section here:

http://www.fdrx7.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Also a section in the members ride section would be good to, show people your car etc. I've got mine in there If i recall, can see how it was when i bought it and how it is pretty much today