Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Broken Pic Links

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broken Pic Links

Can a mod please see what's going on here for me?

Some of my threads like THIS ONE seem to have broken links. Like the [IMG] tags went missing or something. As we are unable to modify a post ourselves after certain time, I cannot fix this myself.

I've not changed anything on photobucket or anything. There are quite a few of my threads that are affected by this.

HERE is another, and ANOTHER.

Thank you in advance.
    Need something for your FD?
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Broken Pic Links

Sorry James,
    Meant to get back to you earlier on this..

All your links seem to have .HTML on the end of the URL...I suspect this is confusing the forum software (Which gets updated regularly to ensure we have the latest and greatest)

I will have a chat to the Stig and see if he can work some magic on it...
    [11:17 PM] Black Talon: never argue with a retard... they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

[02:08 PM] Sefveron: yeah but stocker, you reckon the factory bilsteins are good... your opinion is moot

[02:03 PM] Black Talon: pretty much
    [02:03 PM] Craysus: all warm and cuddly
    [02:03 PM] Craysus: caregiver in a childcare centre..
    [02:02 PM] Deceptikhon: what are you studying to be paul?

"Anonymous User": But if I saw marcus crossing the street, I would chase that cunt up the footpath and into a crowd of school kids in order to do the world a favour and mow him down

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed my build thread has the same problem

Post Thanks / Like

Any news on this please Sandy or Stig?
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this up. It's really a shame to go to all the effort in writing detailed threads, only to have picture links not work all of a sudden. Can a mod PLEASE fix the links, or change my privileges so I can do it myself?

Again, not sure what the cause is, haven't changed anything in Photobucket and I PAY them to host my images for me....

Thanks.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry James,
    I got caught up with going on holidays and forgot to get the Stig to have a looksie..

My fault...I will take the blame!!

I have given Stig the heads up...will let you know when something is found..(If Stig can find it!)
    [11:17 PM] Black Talon: never argue with a retard... they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

[02:08 PM] Sefveron: yeah but stocker, you reckon the factory bilsteins are good... your opinion is moot

"Anonymous User": But if I saw marcus crossing the street, I would chase that cunt up the footpath and into a crowd of school kids in order to do the world a favour and mow him down

Post Thanks / Like

OK....Stig has had a look into it..

Unfortunately PhotoBucket have changed how they present all their photos forward..and this is causing some problems..

they used to link directly to the images...now they link to a HTML (web) page instead..

This is what has caused problems everywhere...

We are still looking at it, but thought we would advise that photobucket being gay is the problem! Will see what can be found to work around the issues..

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,
    Unfortunately Photofucket has changed the way they present their images forward...
    Images used to be able to be linked using the "Forum" links generated by them...

These links now are DEAD...they generate silly HTML extensions and nonsense, and the vbulletin forums do not work with them correctly..

I believe this has been done to be more compliant with mobile devices...pity it doesnt work for alternate web sites linking, or people with those things called REAL computers...

The FIX!

The moderation team will add members with a genuine need to edit their threads to a group that will allow them to edit old posts...

Members will need to go through and correct their photofucket links in the following method.
    1. Find the broken photo in your thread, and click edit..
    2. Go back into photofucket and find your photo..this time select DIRECT link..
    3. find the appropriate place in your post, and change the URL completely to the direct link example provided by Photofucket...use the FORUMS URL LINK (Insert Link) button and paste your url into that..

4. repeat until completed...

Unfortunately the moderation team can not do this for you, as we have no access to your photofucket accounts...

5. Sign up to imageshack.us instead of PhotoFucket....useless morons do not warrant supporting anymore going forward!

I will add WJP005 and Jonny5x to the edit list now. We will probably remove these rights in a week or two. Any abuse of these privileges will result in the ability being removed for all users.

Sorry we cant help more.... Damn external web sites are not under our control...

(PS Moderation team members...if I messed something up in my description above, please feel free to point it out and pick on me lol)

Anyone else with similar problems please post into this thread, and link your problem area..we will add you to the group above

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sandy.

Just tried to edit my original post in one of the affected threads and cannot yet?

The links to direct images are already there. They come up with in the thread instead of the picture. Does that mean a mod can do it for me?

What I find perplexing is that not all my threads with photobucket links are affected, just some????.......
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok So I've fixed it thanks Sandy.

As a result, lost all 31 Thanks from other members for writing the DIY thread though...
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Bugger..thats an unseen side effect!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craysus View Post
    Bugger..thats an unseen side effect!!
    Seems to have fixed itself lol
    [email protected]