Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: New High Flow Twins.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FS: New High Flow Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by ric shaw View Post
    both make 230 odd kws on 1 bar at wheels on my dyno.

Sounds good ric I'm very interested but I'm just wondering whats the max out at before it becomes unhealthy for them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptikhon View Post
    Sounds good ric I'm very interested but I'm just wondering whats the max out at before it becomes unhealthy for them?
    15 psi or 1 bar is the safe limit for commercial 98 fuel with most engines . The turbos work well at this but I have run 20 psi in modified twins before . These will work with more than 1 bar too. Who wants to load an engine more than that ? If you are going to then you should probably use a single turbo as you are chasing big power so to speak.
    I keep saying that the idea of these turbos it to be used as an upgrade on std or mild engines that are after an increase in power with out a big spend and to be reliable for the engines too.
    If you want to set records then use a single like a T51R.
    These turbos are $1000 cheaper than modifying the old ones and are 100% new, bolt straight on and are 2013 technology . They also have the response of std turbos. 25 kws gain at the wheels is as good as it gets for so little.
    But if you want more then you can push the boost limit and run 20 psi, hoping your engine and fuel system can manage it.
    We have found that at 220 kws you need to increase the secondary injector size . Leave the primaries as std. You must also have a good flow rate from the pump but the std reg is fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Drove our Targa car on the road , has these turbos on it.....shit it is fast!
    Good fun on 15psi will go for ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Have had some discussions with some re the high flow options on the market and there are other set ups I have tested, some will make more power but only in top end with more boost.
    This means more lag and less safe boost levels need to be used. Ok if the engine is ready for it and the risk is taken.
    The argument is always that if you want the top end power " Go Single Turbo".
    The factory high flows we now do are for thoughts wanting response and an increase at the same or with little boost increase. And at a cost price less than any other option.
    The most power I have seen is from the BnR turbos but on 18 psi and they leaked oil as always.
    The SP high flows are good too if you want to rune high boost like 18 or 20 psi. Remember these are race spec which Mazda did for the track cars that are never under 4000 rpm.
    My self I run a single as I am on the track and never under 4000 rpm.
    Road cars need bottom end and response. They use 1000 to 7000 rpm.
    Our turbos are $4400 inc .
    Every other option is $5500 or more.

Post Thanks / Like

hope these are still around when the time comes to upgrading my twins just have other things to pay for at this moment in time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Still can't decide between these,GCG or Bathurst/SPII's. Money's not the issue and all supporting mods have been done..

Post Thanks / Like

GCG will still have second hand exhaust housings that may crack.
    As I understand it the exhaust inlet on the new high flow twins has been redesigned for less restriction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raffmeister View Post
    Still can't decide between these,GCG or Bathurst/SPII's. Money's not the issue and all supporting mods have been done..
    Dont know what kinda power you're after raff but myself Im looking at 220-250 rwkw with the usual mods exhaust ecu smic etc... wanting to keep engine bay looking stock. $4400 brand new no oil leaks and 12months or 20,000k warranty Ive got these on top of my list atm.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregned View Post
    GCG will still have second hand exhaust housings that may crack.
    As I understand it the exhaust inlet on the new high flow twins has been redesigned for less restriction.
    Do you mean on these HT-12 Kai's?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptikhon View Post
    Dont know what kinda power you're after raff but myself Im looking at 220-250 rwkw with the usual mods exhaust ecu smic etc... wanting to keep engine bay looking stock. $4400 brand new no oil leaks and 12months or 20,000k warranty Ive got these on top of my list atm.
    You can achieve those power levels with stock turb's and a tune matey

Post Thanks / Like

As Rick and others have mentioned nearing a true 220 RWKW you will need to upgrade secondary injectors to bigger size and look at your fuel pump set up etc etc .

Any engine can be pushed to greater Figures doing it with a safety margin and having reliability with out costing you a Engine is the main criteria in my book not bragging rights to Dyno figures
    "Dont drive Faster than your guardian angel can fly "

B....free
    Michael

EX: Lock & LOad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raffmeister View Post
    Do you mean on these HT-12 Kai's?
    Yes I'm sure I've read they have been redesigned.

Post Thanks / Like

I drove my Targa car yesterday at the RX8 Nationals, first time since the rebuild including the new set of Ric's High Flow Twins .
    What a massive difference over the previous setup of std HT12's. They are more responsive and pull very strongly to my own 7k rpm limit (I've always changed gear at 7000rpm, and I'm sure thats why my Ric built engines last so long). I've got more power from this setup over the std. If your debating about new or rebuilt, I've done both as the turbos that came off had been modified when rebuild 4 yrs ago and these new ones give more power and far less cost , so it's a no brainer as far as I was concerned.

I did the fastest time of the day with Ric in the RX8SP only .1 sec behind me ( I'm sure you,let me for a change ). We were both having so much fun with close "racing" and LOTS of laughing in the car as we both slipped around on old targa tyres and mine had also been used by Mitch in Time Attack last year, so not much grip.

The car ran like clockwork, as did all the Ric Shaw cars on the day. Ric had his own N/A RX8 out there and was the fastest N/A car, the new engine he has in it with his secret porting and modifications was a rocket, and then drives home and is just like a standard car to drive in traffic.

AB

Post Thanks / Like

What's the waiting time for these if purchased?

Post Thanks / Like

Ric has a set right now PM him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ric shaw View Post
    For Sale.
    New Factory Hitachi High Flow Turbos. now available for FD.
    made as a straight fit inplace of the std Hitachi HT10 or HT12.
    these are a new item now made by the factory with all the mods we have developed over the years.
    $4400 inc gst plus shipping.
    not reco unit but NEW.
    run as seq or ont up to you.
    these spool as std units and are built for handling higher boost.
    better bearings and better flow charts.
    Ric Shaw Racing.com.au (see products)
    Ric 02 97167690
    Sydney.http://www.ricshawracing.com.au/?page_id=368
    Hi Ric,
    Are you still offering these for sale at or near this price?

GCG has them listed at substantially more money: https://gcg.com.au/Turbo-Charger-HT1...HT12-3KAI.html

I'm interested in getting a set, but at the GCG price I'm contemplating a single turbo conversion...

Cheers,
    Gavin.

Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

Chances of a reply, zero. Book of faces on the other hand, he must be on there daily with Rx8 cup. I think the price in the initial post was for 3CRs and when the Aud was around 30% stronger.

With Sasha unable to procure Kai cores for his version since mid last year, possibly GCG might not be able to get them either.......and that 2 week lead time suggests they don't carry stock in inventory.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah fair enough, good thing I'm not in a rush at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny enough this seller in Japan has listed a bunch of them!
    https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/...ce_page_search

Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, probably a year or two since first noticing them on yahoo, seems easier to rock up to Condell Pk or ring to get a definitive answer.

Was it Revolution or one of the other shops over there that was selling the GCG old style twins for 10~15 years, maybe some of the Jap sellers kept stock of the later stuff? You'd want to be sure they did before plunging in.....hardly unknown for the various vendors like RHD, etc, over there to advertise stuff that's not in production.