Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Carpet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red Carpet?

Hi guys,
    I'm not in a rush to get this, I figure I'll be looking a while so I'll put up a wanted ad now and at some point someone might come across a red carpet and let me know?

Not many FDs came with red carpet and I don't like my chances of finding a mint carpet kit, but maybe a car is written off or damaged in some way beyond repair and it gets parted out.

Non smoker car, no damage to carpet (so no flood damage) etc.. that would produce horrendous smells. :P

I saw a Type B Spirit R getting parted out a while ago for example.

Would also consider red interior parts...

As I say not in a rush right now, just putting this out to generate leads in future.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Red Carpet?

Red interior parts are very hard to come by. I haven't seen many Jap spec cars with anything other than red seats and carpet, while in the US and Europe they had options for completely coloured interiors (except for the dash), including door trims, and roof lining.

That's not 100% true actually, I HAVE seen red available in Japan. It was an earlier Touring version with a sunroof. I don't know if it had red door trims and stuff like that, but I know the roof lining was red.

Carpet is easier to come by, but as you don't want anything damaged, it may take a while.

Then there is the different types of carpet. Mine is a 1995, so it has proper loop pile carpet, while the later stuff is not (Spirit R's). It's more of a felt type carpet.

I got a spare red carpet a while back. It was removed from a race car. I used it to make custom floor mats that blend in (cos they're made from OEM carpet).

That might be the only real option, someone stripping a car for track duty.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Red seats $600 on gumtree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rxeven View Post
    Red seats $600 on gumtree
    Thanks saw those, but I've got RZ Recaro's already so I'd like to get red covers for them at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Talon View Post
    Red interior parts are very hard to come by. I haven't seen many Jap spec cars with anything other than red seats and carpet, while in the US and Europe they had options for completely coloured interiors (except for the dash), including door trims, and roof lining.

That's not 100% true actually, I HAVE seen red available in Japan. It was an earlier Touring version with a sunroof. I don't know if it had red door trims and stuff like that, but I know the roof lining was red.

Carpet is easier to come by, but as you don't want anything damaged, it may take a while.

Then there is the different types of carpet. Mine is a 1995, so it has proper loop pile carpet, while the later stuff is not (Spirit R's). It's more of a felt type carpet.

I got a spare red carpet a while back. It was removed from a race car. I used it to make custom floor mats that blend in (cos they're made from OEM carpet).

That might be the only real option, someone stripping a car for track duty.
    I had actually typed up a response and lost it a few days ago, wifi or sumfin'....

Anyway, the Type X models in the Japanese home market in Silver had red carpet. Not sure if they made any in black? Gomez?

These models also had a sunroof, cruise control, airbag steering wheel, single oil cooler, cruise control, leather seats and were more often than not auto! Although I did see a few in manual also. Not sure if they all had the BOSE snake I think it was an option only.

I actually pulled a bunch of bits off a wrecked Type X in Ireland which was silver in colour and from memory had a red interior (but it was ratty and not worth saving). The good thing was it had a silver door and front fender so I didn't have to paint the inner door shell to match the rest of the car.

It also had a glass roof (not the colour coded roof), believe it was a 92 or 93 model. I've got some photos of a red Type X here.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10740...36881629068289

As you can see I decided it was too much work, but it was quite rare to see a Type X in manual. Version 1 also from the chassis plate.

The other Japanese market car to get the red interior was often the Type RB Bathurst-X edition.

http://mazdacars.kamikaze-drive.com/sold_rx7.htm
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/256076...a-rx-7/page-2/

Aussie market FDs are quite rare, I've seen a few silver ones but only with black leather interiors, so I'm guessing they didn't get the red carpet?

Anyway just thought I'd include the trivia and I'm in absolutely no rush. Just putting feelers out to see if there is anything out there.

Looks like this guy found a red interior somehow
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wethe...uel/1071230363

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, my car is a Bathurst X.

Aus spec only ever came with black interior.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think you're about 10 years too late. That's about the last time type x red trim and even the smooth plastics were a little available here, supply (and demand) of those cars out of Japan must be near nil now with the prices a late car will bring.

I did have door trims, somewhat sun bleached, around, probably tossed some years back, can't remember seeing them recently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suprspt View Post
    I'd think you're about 10 years too late. That's about the last time type x red trim and even the smooth plastics were a little available here, supply (and demand) of those cars out of Japan must be near nil now with the prices a late car will bring.

I did have door trims, somewhat sun bleached, around, probably tossed some years back, can't remember seeing them recently.
    Door cars and interior pieces can be re-painted red and will look a lot better than sun-faded old red interior pieces. So I can keep what I have - which is in good shape anyhow.

The carpet however is a bit harder to replicate because they are shaped to suit the floor pan etc..

Post Thanks / Like

By no means mint, but I will have one out of the Spirit R soon.

It's pretty grubby but may come up alright with an industrial powerful clean.

Will drop you an SMS with some pics when it's out if you like Gav?
    Need something for your FD?
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjp005 View Post
    By no means mint, but I will have one out of the Spirit R soon.

It's pretty grubby but may come up alright with an industrial powerful clean.

Will drop you an SMS with some pics when it's out if you like Gav?
    Yeah can't hurt to see what shape it's in and what price you're seeking. Although I'll warn you in advance I'm a bit broke right now.

I'm watching that Spirit R thread as I'm sure there is something I'll need or should say want.

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly doesn't fit your "mint" condition requirement. Very grubby, might come up OK with an industrial clean if you take it to a heavy duty place that specializes in that sort of thing. I haven't even vacuumed it, this is just how it came out of the car.

Otherwise, could be cut up for floor mats.

Yours for $50 if you want it.

Need something for your FD?
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

There is the carpet, mats and rear seats listed on Yahoo this week.

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k190684845
    Last edited by 74ME; 10-05-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey James,
    Don't think I can fix that carpet, looks a bit toast.

@FDS08 - thanks but too broke right now . Shipping all that would be expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Gav, my car is a silver ( has been resprayed in a different colour though ) type x 92 model but has black carpet.
    Has the climate control, metal sunroof, manual gearbox, did have an airbag wheel, not sure about cruise control, will have to check, bose snake, version 1 (built 14th feb 1992) vin starts with a 1.

It also had a single oil cooler but I added another from a jap import front cut a member here on the board had.

The bose is missing one small joiner part/section, would love to put it back in, I also need the bose privacy cover too.

13B-Renesis
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have a 1995 touring x converted to manual in japan, it has glass sunroof, climate control, no bose system, airbag steering wheel and black carpet
    having a v8 in an fd is like opening a playboy magazine and seeing some bloke pulling his cock..it just isn't supposed to be there.

13B-Renesis
    Post Thanks / Like

Dosent the 96 Bathurst have red seats??
    having a v8 in an fd is like opening a playboy magazine and seeing some bloke pulling his cock..it just isn't supposed to be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by messville View Post
    version 1 (built 14th feb 1992) vin starts with a 1.
    Can't be too many version 1's running about these days in Oz. It's funny because with S30z's the earliest cars are most desirable.

For example I own HS30 00150 which is car #150 - generally speaking the lower the VIN the more excited people get (yes I'm in that sad group). I often wonder with FDs what will be desirable in 10-20 years? A lower Version 1 VIN or a later car like the Type RZ / Spirit R etc..?

Post Thanks / Like

its weird, if you look at previous rotaries, any R100 is great, although earlier seem to be more desirable, same with rx2's, but with rx3's and 4s the later models are what most people want, although any rx3 is worth a lot, who knows what will happen with FD's though.

Post Thanks / Like

So this happened recently..
    http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/k288013432

Surely for $744 AUD + broker fees + shipping etc.. it would be cheaper to just have carpets made?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gav240z View Post
    So this happened recently..
    http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/k288013432

Surely for $744 AUD + broker fees + shipping etc.. it would be cheaper to just have carpets made?
    I would love that red carpet! I wonder how well a custom carpet would compare to the original moulded one. Also in the back of my mind, it may annoy me that its not an OEM carpet.