Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

I'm looking at purchasing an RS , Rz or Spirit R. This thread has been an eye opener, so glad I found it lot of shifty cars on the market.
    what sort of prices would be considered reasonable nowadays? Im seeing RZ being sold for close to 70k which is pretty crazy! I would prefer to buy locally but also consider importing.

Post Thanks / Like

Prices are heavily inflated atm and who knows if they will ever go down and settle. Type RB/R's you could get for a decent price but anything above you're looking up and beyond $40,000. Is it worth it? who knows, the better question is "can you justify it".

A LOT of dodgy cars out there, Clean Spirit R/RZ are quite hard to find these days and anyone one with a legit example probably ain't gonna let go of it too easy, good luck with the hunt.

formerly 'prostreet_tuning'
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely don't rush into buying a car. I was looking for about 5 months before i found a decent Spirit R at a reasonable price. I considered the import route as well but the price of clean examples is on the up and up.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the price inflation is due to prices going up in Japan. Also in my opinion the recent car yard sting on Grade R / Wound back examples has lead to less importers bringing in dodgy cars. This means the cost of importing good ones has gone up.

If we could import earlier cars 91-98 models. That would bring prices down as these are significantly cheaper later the later cars in Japan, although those too have gone up recently. I suspect because the 25 year rule has allowed some of these to be imported into the US recently.

Canada also has quite a few RHD cars floating around. Will prices remain elevated? Hard to say, but a whole generation of kids dreams of owning these cars. An economic down turn globally would see cars like these drop in value in my opinion, but until then I think they will remain elevated.

Post Thanks / Like

See quite a few posts in the US facebook groups about RHD cars now. I agree with Gav that they're likely what's causing this increase in price. They want spirit Rs pretty badly

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF... a supposed series 8 with a sunroof????

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/deer...upe/1204302205

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DK/FD3S View Post
    WTF... a supposed series 8 with a sunroof????

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/deer...upe/1204302205
    Sooo much wrong with this that even I can see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King Sadim View Post
    Sooo much wrong with this that even I can see
    Early version Jap spec Efini badges (front one upside down).

The sunroof is aftermarket. It's glass, which early jap cars actually had, but the factory ones were molded the same twin bump shape of the roof, and the slid backwards like the local ones.

Seats are really worn, stitching coming apart.

Speedo doesn't match the rest of the dash.

What's all that red dirt in the driver's door jamb in the shot with the dash?

Center vents busted (same pic as above).

Bracket for engine damper, without the engine damper.

It does appear to be a later version. It has the later dash with passenger airbag, the later style front seats, the rubbers inside the front guards half way up the guards for the bonnet to rest on, pink compliance plate import, later version door rubbers on the body seam.

But it also appears to have some older version parts, mainly the thermostat housing with filler neck. This looks all the world to be an older two piece version from an early car. That means the motor was likely to be from a half cut.

I mean it COULD very well be a bastardised early version, or a rebirth from multiple donor cars. But without better resolution pics, it's hard to tell.

The one thing I think most people here would agree on... It's certainly a dog, and NOT worth
    anywhere near 40k. Best option is to avoid it like the plague.

The biggest red flag of all though is the Simmons wheels. No one in their right mind would do that to an FD, and who ever did it can't be trusted with a shopping trolly, let alone a maintenence intensive car like an FD.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL yeah I hate Simmons on FDs.

Sunroof looks aftermarket to me. It's a dog of a car in my humble opinion. You're buying problems, 40k worth of them!

Post Thanks / Like

I get that it's different strokes for different folks, but simmons are not nice on an FD. My friend always pushes it on me to get them, but that's a big negatory. Look alright on my friends charger, but even he's a bit meh on them since they're so common

Verified!
    Post Thanks / Like

The inflation on late model FDs is ridiculous at the moment, particularly having regard to the quality of the cars on offer. I still harbour doubts they are selling for anything near asking prices based on the time these things are sitting on Carsales, but after a long stretch of this, unfortunately perception is now that these cars worth that much. Based on that, prices aren't coming down for a while. A titanium silver Spirit R type B posted on Facebook today for $65,000 - it has 90,000km showing on the odometer (not verified) so it's not even a low km example - and yet commentors were saying "Cheap!" wtf?

IMO the real value should be in unmodified Australian delivered series 6-7 - can't be many of them sitting around.

Post Thanks / Like

Value is subjective. Everyone sees the Spirit R as the pinnacle of rx7s, that's why it's going for more than the lower build count RZ. If people are paying these prices then that is what they are worth now. It may change in future but who knows

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

any car is worth endless amount to the buyer in need for it.. sellers today including our selves would throw any random price out there because you know why???? because we KNOW there always going to be ONE THAT DICKHEAD out there that would pay it.. period........ why this market is gone through the roof.

Post Thanks / Like

On the flip side I'm selling my daily and you get all sorts of time wasters and low ballers making offers before even seeing or driving the thing... makes me question actually bothering to sell it.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not expensive, you just cant afford it.

Being able to out bid someone because you have more wealth than them doesn't necessarily make you a dickhead, some people have more than others. its that simple.

Live within your means, if you cant afford or justify $65000+ on a RZ/spirit R then spend $25000 on a RB and be happy you were able to afford an FD in 2019. If the RB is out of your budget then you probably have bigger issues and other priorities in your life you need to attend to first before spending money on a sports car.

There's levels to the game.
    Don't hate, relate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptikhon View Post
    Don't hate, relate.
    Tears. no fears my man
    [05:08 PM]stocker: my job is so technical no one else could do it
    [05:08 PM]geezer: fluffer on the set of monster cocks stocker

[06:14 PM] Qqc: were all 60 so we can only really eat bran, not many places cater for our poor digestive systems

Originally Posted by mhale71
    yeah yeah yeah everyone with more ingenuity then you has too much money and time... everyone smarter is a virgin, everyone bigger than you at the gym is on roids... everyone better than you at cod is a hacker ... bla bla heard it all before.. sour grapes.

O NOEZ I LITTUL PENUS HAZ?

Post Thanks / Like

Bubbles are everywhere..
    https://realinvestmentadvice.com/bub...-simpsons-art/

Do I think FD prices are nuts? No I don't.. I have recently driven Subaru's Boxer engine cars, 4g63s, RB25s etc.. and the FD Rx7 is just another realm of car.

I compare it more with the Porsche 993s but prices of those are double if not triple the FDs.

I think FDs have followed Skylines and NSX prices up, but haven't seen the same kind of overblown valuations.

Do I think prices will correct? Hard to say because FDs will be eligible for import in North America soon and I think that will increase global demand. But if prices do correct I see them maybe coming off 20-30% but not halving. FDs have always been expensive and for good reason. Timeless shape, amazing chassis and performance potential.

All the Gran Turismo generation want cars of that era..

I will say the pick up in values has been rapid. It took years for my 240z's to finally become worth anything..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-datsun-240z-36/

Hence why I linked to the article above. Cheap credit has been finding its way into all kids of asset classes. Classic cars included.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just supply and demand really.

68,589 FD RX7s made. Anything with production numbers in 5 digits is definitely considered rare. On top of that you have the limited editions which if you can pickup at the right price, is certainly worth the extra. Not so good if you want to take it out and beat on it all the time or modify since that just hurts resale. We're lucky there's still FDs under $30k out there.

On the flipside Nissan made 164,170 Z32 300ZXs which is why mine is worth nothing because they're too common.

To put that in perspective, there are only 45,223 JZA80 Supras ever produced. No surprise the price of factory Turbo Supras are up there. They're even rarer than FDs. The Japs were smart too, they exported only 11,239 to the US which really exploded the LHD market prices. Kept the rest for themselves (more for us since they're all RHD). Again, be thankful NA auto supras are still worth peanuts and plenty under $10k.

OG NSX also holds their value extremely well. Again because they're exclusive! Only 18,623 were made for its 15 year life span and that's why they're so damn expensive now.

Then you got GTRs exploding in price. Limited editions of already limited numbers produced = high prices. There's actually fewer R34 GTRs (11,577) and believe it or not, fewer R33 GTRs (16,668) out there than NSXs. As soon as either of them become US legal the prices will double like the R32 GTR (43,937) did. Prices are held lower thanks to the garden variety Skylines in this case.
    '92 series 6 Aussie FD, VIN# 00006
    Progess thread + other projects

Bridgeport, EFR8374, 4" turbo back, PowerFC
    FFE rails, EV14K 1000cc pri, 2000cc sec
    Turbosmart FPR 1200 v3, 50mm Progate
    Blitz DSBC, 317rwkw/425whp/457nm @ 17psi, 98RON
    Blitz ZZR, Enkei RPF1, Endless, ADVAN AD08R
    Bride VIOS III, Nardi 330mm deepcorn

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah prices in Aus are a bit hectik for possibly all of the above reasons but the fd is still (at least for me) the most beautiful Japanese car to look at. It's a couple of yrs since mine left and I'm beginning to feel like I wouldn't mind another. My recent research suggests there's still plenty to be had at the auctions sub 20k though so why don't more people just bring their own? People like Edward Lee and co are still making money on imports so there's definitely savings to be had over buying locally.
    Cheers,

Stretch

Post Thanks / Like

Once the American 25 year old car import rule is out of favour you will find a huge increase in late FD prices here in Australia as the American market has Very few if any series 8 FD s they will all want to import cars from Canada UK and Australia with the US Dollar being over 30 percent higher in value to the AUD FDs will be a cheap purchase for them .
    "Dont drive Faster than your guardian angel can fly "

B....free
    Michael

EX: Lock & LOad