Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

Thanks you for the response, some good wisdom and motivation, i’ll keep it in mind as I wake up every hopefully being one bit better or more developed than I was yesterday. Also that’s a MAD lineup, proper dream garage right there. Beautiful cars and beautiful garage too
    Every moment is a chance to think new thoughts

and with every new thought, we get a chance to choose who we are!

Post Thanks / Like

All good, just keep the following in mind:

1. Take care because this COVID bullshit has fucked everything up for everyone. Look after your health first, without it you can't do anything.

2. All the impulse buying right now are people scared of dying from the pandemic so they feel they need to live it up before it's too late. Guess what, most of them are NOT mechanically minded, it takes dedication to keep old cars on the road especially a rotary. I reckon when it all settles down, a lot of cars will end up back on the market because chances are it's just a short term fling and they're bored and want to move on to something else.
    '92 series 6 Aussie FD, VIN# 00006
    Progess thread + other projects

Bridgeport, EFR8374, 4" turbo back, PowerFC
    FFE rails, EV14K 1000cc pri, 2000cc sec
    Turbosmart FPR 1200 v3, 50mm Progate
    Blitz DSBC, 317rwkw/425whp/457nm @ 17psi, 98RON
    Blitz ZZR, Enkei RPF1, Endless, ADVAN AD08R
    Bride VIOS III, Nardi 330mm deepcorn

3. Likes KYPREO liked this post
    Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm struck by how everything FD, parts wise, is becoming more and more problematic. Trim, etc, which I think predicted here or the predecessor forum, as becoming near unobtainable, has come to pass. A more pressing issue, a significant portion of the simple mechanical stuff is now the dreaded NLA.....starting to feel like when we tried to support 70s rotaries a few decades ago, with far fewer wreckers or alternative supply available now.

Sorry to say, a 19yo, unless coming into a inheritance, probably should be looking for a future classic somewhere near the peak of it's depreciation curve now, the bulk of this car's production happened 27 years ago after all.

5. Likes KYPREO liked this post
    10A
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

Everyone’s been quite greedy lately

also not to be racist but does anyone realise that 98% of these people selling cars for over priced prices in Australia happen to be wogs?

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

A grade 3 blue rb recently sold for about $48k landed and complied

the two people who bid on that car need to be stripped naked and have their clothes thrown into a pit of flames

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.min-chu.com/car/detail?ucid=27920

Does anyone know if this is real? A decent red spirit r going for ¥2000000 which is probably about $34k landed and complied.

That’s super cheap for even before the bubble blew up, espeically with inflation in mind. It looks like an old post that for some reason is still there. I also google street viewed the same shop and it looks quite a lot more modern, with the same signs in that ad all worn out and modern cars parked around (which aren’t there in the ad

Post Thanks / Like

We all knew FD prices would rise and parts would become harder to get. 10 years ago when I got mine (2010) idiots were tarting them up and chopping them up for the latest wanky gadgetry when I was living in Europe. I saw the opposite way up the stream and kept mine as original as possible. Now all these years later I feel justified in making that decision.

I also knew prices wouldn't remain low for long. I know I'm showing off now, but I got my FD RX-7 back off the insurance company for 750 euro... Yep the PowerFC at the time was worth about that.. This was after it was stolen from me and vandalised. FD prices in Europe at the time were as cheap as 3,000 euro for an 'ok' car, and mine was deemed expensive at 5,000 euro - which was my original purchase price. I had to argue with insurance that it was worth that too!

So they gave me 4,250 euro as a pay out and I got the car back with the money...and fixed it.

Point is, I got my toys at bottom of their depreciation cycle. I missed the Skyline GTR cycle - even though multiple times I was gonna jump on the bandwagon - because I was busy saving for a house but I got there (sort of) with my Stagea 260rs (Rb26 baby!).Name:  IMG20201128124221.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  100.6 KBName:  IMG20201219214305.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  87.6 KBName:  IMG20201128124108.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  138.5 KBName:  IMG20201216204502.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  125.2 KB

Like Michael said, I went from being a broke Uni student up until I was 23/24. Then I started my career and moved to Europe for a while. I worked at Google over in Europe and then in Sydney before leaving them this year (after nearly 12 years with them) when I moved back to Melbourne because I finally broke into the housing market in Melbourne. We had our first boy during lockdown in August and so I've been distracted like many other family men I guess and not on here much.

If I was gonna start over and get a shot at being 18 again, I would have taken a gap year after high school, gone chasing tail (a.k.a girls) around Europe or North / South America. I would have worried about cars much later . I should have bought a house in 2004 when a friend did, but I was going to Europe so didn't commit to a mortgage then. In the end it all worked out for me I guess but I'm now 38 and exhausted from working my butt off and a new born. So my advice is get into the property market as young as possible (even if you start with a small townhouse somewhere) and have kids at a younger age when you're more energetic haha.

I'm sure you'll get an FD if you really want 1 someday. An opportunity will arise.

What's funny is that when I was 17 my mum was dropping me off at school in our Toyota Tarago (mini van) and this red FD fly's past us. I think geez, I'll never be able to afford 1 of those. The FD at that time was 80-90k and a house in Melbourne on average was $250k.. this was about 98/99. Then year 2000 I saw my first R34 GTR in person. Wow! $100k car... I was thinking another car I'll never afford to own, but being a Datsun nutter at the time (my first 240z was $3,000 in 98). Now good R34 GTRs are $200k+ so I missed that boat. Can't win them all .

I guess none of us can predict the future and as Michael said you may have to make sacrifices to get what you want, but nothing easy is rewarding. I probably worked hardest to buy my first 240z when I was in high school. My uncle was a bricklayer and I spent summer holidays with him making cement, stacking bricks in 40 degree heat at times. I would come home broken after work and do it all the next day. That job motivated me to use my brain, not my back to earn a crust, but it also made owning my first car even sweeter. I had really felt like I earned it. No car I've bought since has given me the same feeling of accomplishment. But working on them and fixing them does give me a similar level of fulfilment.

Name:  post-1-0-45594400-1462533167.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  55.0 KBName:  73-240z-Day-I-Bought-It2.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  103.3 KB

The photo at night is the day I bought my 240z, digital cameras didn't exist so we used an old disposable Kodak camera and with light going down it didn't turn out well. But you can just see me. The other photo is outside mum's house in 2000 I'm at the back of the car, spotting a Sherminator hair style (too much hair gel).

Just remember, us old farts would trade all our toys and assets in to be young again!

10. Likes KYPREO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this Spirit R being advertised in the UK, but it's located in Hong Kong. Asking £55,000
    https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/list...8&cId=11079637

#1187 of the Spirit R builds.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A FD3SThe FD3S RX-7 is slowly becoming a modern classic. Price has been going stronger and stronger.
    This pristine Spirit R Type A is looking for a new home. With just a mere 41,000 miles this is one of the best looking FD3S we have seen. Runs like a dream and zero mechanical faults. Interior had a restoration and now it is as new condition. No accident history and full service record. Even more incredible is that the car is 100% original with no modification parts. This is a collector's grade car and for sure will keep appreciating in the coming years.
    Car is now in Hong Kong and we ship worldwide. If you have more questions please get in touch with us.
    Name:  mazda-rx-7-S4177382-12.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  68.7 KBName:  mazda-rx-7-S4177382-11.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  95.5 KBName:  mazda-rx-7-S4177382-10.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  79.8 KBName:  mazda-rx-7-S4177382-9.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  45.7 KBName:  mazda-rx-7-S4177382-7.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  46.0 KBName:  mazda-rx-7-S4177382-4.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  78.2 KBName:  mazda-rx-7-S4177382-3.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  83.6 KBName:  mazda-rx-7-S4177382-2.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  76.0 KB

Verified!
    Post Thanks / Like

Great perspectives and advice there Gav. I am a similar age to you but did things completely differently. I bought my first gen when I was 19 and have kept it ever since. I bought a house at 27, got married at 28, then had my first kid at 29, with 3 kids by the age of 34. I'm now in my "forever" home with 3 kids at school. I basically didn't spent anything on myself or toys since I left uni. Now I've broken through with some financial security and am building the ultimate 1st gen to my liking...and maybe also picking up that FD I've always dreamed about to complement it. That said, looking back, I can't say that my way was necessarily better, as I do regret not taking the plunge on the FD I wanted 10 years ago when it would have been a lot cheaper/easier but caused me additional financial strain at the time. But I certainly don't regret having kids and committing to a mortgage at such a young age.

Post Thanks / Like

I had typed out a full reply but it got lost in the ether.

I wanted to share this article.
    https://www.caradvice.com.au/910751/...parts-program/

The article says 2 things.
    1. There is demand for parts for restoration.
    2. This may increase demand for these cars because my own experience was that when Nissan announced they would make GTR parts and Rb26 parts again, that have me confidence to buy the Stagea (Rb26 running gear). I bought the Stagea early last year at $27k and it was the second most expensive example on the market at the time. Now I'm seeing rough ones asking $40k+

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know about this car - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-2113983/?Cr=3
    It seems to have been on Carsales for quite a few months.

Verified!
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a Spirit R Type C, rarest of all the late model FDs, up for auction. 52,000km, rated 4.5B. Very good example. Shame about the auto and smaller brakes and all that.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 606
Size:  14.0 KB

Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like this has dropped 5k since last week! https://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/id/22978

Verified!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KYPREO View Post
    There is a Spirit R Type C, rarest of all the late model FDs, up for auction. 52,000km, rated 4.5B. Very good example. Shame about the auto and smaller brakes and all that.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 606
Size:  14.0 KB
    This has now shown up in private dealer sales. It actually looks quite nice apart from the ugly side skirts and usual two-tone bumpers. Works out at about A$75K landed and complied. Here: https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/use...004/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

SP pn Shannons has immediately gone to $85K...

https://shannons.nextlot.com/public/.../lots/19457678
    Cheers, Dave - Adelaide, South Australia
    My Car Photographs
    Dave Winfield Website | Dave's Jokes Web-Site |
    My RX-7's Album | Dogs Album | Past Rides Album | Fezza Album

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post Thanks / Like

Now $125K !
    Cheers, Dave - Adelaide, South Australia
    My Car Photographs
    Dave Winfield Website | Dave's Jokes Web-Site |
    My RX-7's Album | Dogs Album | Past Rides Album | Fezza Album

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gotorx7 View Post
    Now $125K !
    I'm not joking when I say this.. but I think the SP will eventually hit the $1M mark. Not now, but in another 10-15 years I can see it. Like the Fairlady Z432-R they only made about 30 of them. Racing specials (homologation) and the RX-7 is the hero car of our generation (along with R34 GTR) and NSX/Supra etc..

It's funny when that white 1 was for sale on CarSales for 12 months (in WA) at $45k and nobody wanted to pay that. . I was tempted to sell my own FD to try and buy it, but hindsight and all that.

I'm sure whatever it sells for this time in 10-15 years we will be saying, we could have bought it for $170k! only lol..

21. Thanks gotorx7 thanked for this post
    Likes gotorx7, Mgoldbe1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gav240z View Post
    I'm not joking when I say this.. but I think the SP will eventually hit the $1M mark. Not now, but in another 10-15 years I can see it. Like the Fairlady Z432-R they only made about 30 of them. Racing specials (homologation) and the RX-7 is the hero car of our generation (along with R34 GTR) and NSX/Supra etc..

It's funny when that white 1 was for sale on CarSales for 12 months (in WA) at $45k and nobody wanted to pay that. . I was tempted to sell my own FD to try and buy it, but hindsight and all that.

I'm sure whatever it sells for this time in 10-15 years we will be saying, we could have bought it for $170k! only lol..
    Last few minutes on the SP..
    $145k..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gav240z View Post
    Last few minutes on the SP..
    $145k..
    $164k nobody is willing to back down.

24. Likes RE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All our FDs just went up $30K
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you...
    1998 AU SVII - FIRST REG: 1999 - 13B REW / 5SP MAN - MONTEGO BLUE - 18x10 CCW CLASSIC / 888 SEMI's - 234RWkW #STOCK

When I sleep, I never dream. Instead - I live my dreams.