Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

This modded FD is in the $35k price range.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0130784690828/
    Not bad considering what people are asking for FDs these days and the junk around the $30k mark.

Post Thanks / Like

That one has been on carsales for at least 6 months and hasn't sold. I'm watching all the 90s Jap hero models in general, prices are going up but stock is moving very slowly.

Still seems to be a buyers market for everything except for the OG Integra Type R which is selling well in any condition because there are hardly any of them for sale now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KYPREO View Post
    A titanium silver Spirit R type B posted on Facebook today for $65,000 - it has 90,000km showing on the odometer (not verified) so it's not even a low km example - and yet commentors were saying "Cheap!" wtf?

That's my car. I think it represents pretty good value.

The kms are genuine, and you've added a few it hasn't traveled yet. I have all the documentation for the car including JOC stuff for the buyer's peace of mind.

Here's some facts for you: 1504 Spirit Rs were made (Type A, Type B and Type C). Of those, only 420 were Type B's. 1044 were Type A and only 40 Type C (autos).

Yes people go crazy for the Type A's and their Recaro seats but they are more plentiful, plus leather is in my opinion much better to live with, plus you do have the option of cruising with small framed people in the back or kids if you want.

For one of only 420 ever made, it's a collectors car so hence it commands a higher price than the more common models.

Need something for your FD?
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michaelz View Post
    Then you got GTRs exploding in price. Limited editions of already limited numbers produced = high prices. There's actually fewer R34 GTRs (11,577) and believe it or not, fewer R33 GTRs (16,668) out there than NSXs.
    I didn't realise so few of these were made. I kind of have a hard on for the R33's. I love this Omori factory special...

Great example here if I had the money. $100k now.
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SE-AD-5874463/

I've dipped my toes in to the RB26 pool and got myself a Nissan Stagea 260RS Autech version. Even less of those made.

https://classicregister.com/id-guide...utech-series-i

Number produced:

We have now confirmed through GTR-registry.com that 1,734 Stagea 260RSs were produced (including series 1 and 2). Previous estimates among enthusiasts had assumed roughly 2000 cars were produced.The breakdown between series 1 and 2 is:

- 986 (Series 1)

- 784 (Series 2)
    I got a Series 2 in KR4 Silver (1 of ~300 made in this colour).

Of course we know rarity doesn't always drive value, so who knows if it will be worth anything in future. All I know is that it cost me a bomb in 2019. .

But it's a practical GTR .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KYPREO View Post
    IMO the real value should be in unmodified Australian delivered series 6-7 - can't be many of them sitting around.
    That's what I like to read!

I seriously don't think I'd sell mine. I tried a few years ago but I'm so glad it didn't sell.

Us FD owners do have one of, if not the best Japanese sports cars built. I think IMO the NSX is the only car that rivals that statement. Years ago I stated on here I thought the NSX was not worth it's money, however, after reading the above stats I can see why now.

Have a good Easter guys
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you...
    1998 AU SVII - FIRST REG: 1999 - 13B REW / 5SP MAN - MONTEGO BLUE - 18x10 CCW CLASSIC / 888 SEMI's - 234RWkW #STOCK

When I sleep, I never dream. Instead - I live my dreams.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy easter gents.

Quote Originally Posted by gav240z View Post
    I didn't realise so few of these were made. I kind of have a hard on for the R33's. I love this Omori factory special...

Great example here if I had the money. $100k now.
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SE-AD-5874463/

I've dipped my toes in to the RB26 pool and got myself a Nissan Stagea 260RS Autech version. Even less of those made.
    Congrats on the new purchase Gav. Any plans for mods?

The Nismo editions are actually not as exclusive as you'd think. Anyone well off enough to ship one back to Japan, Nismo will rebuild it or refurbish it to whatever spec you want. that red one is one such car. Had the Nismo treatment, owner trying to get his money back on it and then some.

Another example, you could turn any R34 GTR into an authentic Nismo built S-tune, R-tune, Z-tune.

The rarest GTRs are the N1 models which command big premiums, there's a white R34 N1 for sale at $240k and he is claiming priced for quick sale Honestly if I was spending $240k I'd be buying something much more exclusive than a stock R34 GTR which is quite slow tbh.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...ukhdsuXHrFb4Io

If you do decide to invest in a 33 some day, I think the LM versions is where it's at not the Nismo rebuilt / refurb units.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...5846412/?Cr=10
    Last edited by michaelz; 19-04-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    '92 series 6 Aussie FD, VIN# 00006
    Progess thread + other projects

Bridgeport, EFR8374, 4" turbo back, PowerFC
    FFE rails, EV14K 1000cc pri, 2000cc sec
    Turbosmart FPR 1200 v3, 50mm Progate
    Blitz DSBC, 317rwkw/425whp/457nm @ 17psi, 98RON
    Blitz ZZR, Enkei RPF1, Endless, ADVAN AD08R
    Bride VIOS III, Nardi 330mm deepcorn

Post Thanks / Like

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-mazda-rx-7-26/

$70k USD for a low mile FD in Montego Blue with Tan Interior touring model (similar to AU market cars with cruise etc..).

Oh and BTC is surfing and US stocks too.. bubbles are back.

Post Thanks / Like

@Michael, I don't want to go too far off topic here with GTR talk but for now I just plan to keep it the way it is. It's not FD fast but not far off it and I can have the dog in the back and a boot full of luggage. Haha.

I drove it up to Kinglake last night through Eltham, Kangaroo Ground / Christmas Hills and you forget it's a Wagon handling is really good. Only had 1 Kangaroo hop out, but the Xenon high beams helped me see him early.

I agree re: R33 LM version. I sent it to a friend who is looking at GTRs but has been priced out of R34s etc..

Post Thanks / Like

This modded FD is in the $35k price range.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0130784690828/
    Not bad considering what people are asking for FDs these days and the junk around the $30k mark.
    This car has just dropped to $32k on carsales which is also the cheapest one on carsales. What a buy! https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-5868550/?Cr=0
    '92 series 6 Aussie FD, VIN# 00006
    Progess thread + other projects

Bridgeport, EFR8374, 4" turbo back, PowerFC
    FFE rails, EV14K 1000cc pri, 2000cc sec
    Turbosmart FPR 1200 v3, 50mm Progate
    Blitz DSBC, 317rwkw/425whp/457nm @ 17psi, 98RON
    Blitz ZZR, Enkei RPF1, Endless, ADVAN AD08R
    Bride VIOS III, Nardi 330mm deepcorn

Post Thanks / Like

You'd have to spend a fair bit to undo all the crap. Not a Bathurst R either.

Post Thanks / Like

Clean car with some custom mods.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153465748698

Current bid:AU $38,600.00
    Reserve not met
    [ 52 bids ]

Post Thanks / Like

Reserve not met
    [ 52 bids ]

Post Thanks / Like

Reserve not met
    [ 52 bids ]
    That thing is on carsales for $42k. Guess that must be the reserve then.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sadim View Post
    You'd have to spend a fair bit to undo all the crap. Not a Bathurst R either.
    It doesn't look too bad tbh. Nice build base for someone wanting to widebody it and maybe with a big GT wang
    Last edited by michaelz; 28-04-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all about the wang

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6043404/?Cr=1
    Spirit R Type A
    18,000kms
    $130,000

Highest price I've seen for an FD...woah!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-5933978/?Cr=0
    Spirit R Type A
    68,607kms
    $80,000

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...17171103/?Cr=2
    Spirit R Type A
    36,245kms
    $89,990

I do wonder if Spirit R's are actually selling for these prices though.

Post Thanks / Like

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you...
    1998 AU SVII - FIRST REG: 1999 - 13B REW / 5SP MAN - MONTEGO BLUE - 18x10 CCW CLASSIC / 888 SEMI's - 234RWkW #STOCK

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

be piece of art to own with some spare coin lying round to own it

Post Thanks / Like

I'll start a 'Go fund me' page hahahahaahahaha!

Post Thanks / Like

Another Red SP for sale.
    https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions...8AE3D8N4JI6X7/

1995 Mazda RX-7 SP Coupe
    Guiding Range: $40,000 - $60,000

Which seems on the low side considering 1 recently sold for $88k and another for $112k in the last couple of years. This 1 looks rough with a quick blow over (paint wise), done poorly perhaps? Retrimmed Recaro's not great. Lots of corrosion in engine bay present...possibly due to being kept up in Darwin way?

Condition report shows it needs a whole lotta love.
    https://www.shannons.com.au/library/...rx-7-coupe.pdf

Chassis no.
    JM0FD103300100053

DESCRIPTION
    Starting with the Cosmo of 1966, Mazda is the only major manufacturer to have persisted with Felix Wankel’s revolutionary rotary engine design and early models like the R100 and RX2/RX3 enjoy a cult following today. It took until the launch of a proper sports car, the RX-7, in 1978 for the rotary to find a home more appropriate to its high-revving characteristics; the first generation model received rave reviews and proving a commercial success, with over half a million sold. The second generation RX-7 of 1985-1991 took Mazda’s sports car further upmarket, competing with the likes of Porsche’s 944, aided by a lot more clever technology and the first appearance of a turbo variant. When Mazda unveiled the third generation RX-7 in 1991, it was clear the model had come a long way from its humble roots, harnessing a complex sequential twin turbo system to overcome lag and deliver linear power all the way to the redline. With perfect 50:50 weight distribution achieved by locating the engine well behind the front axle, the new FD RX-7 also looked the part, with bold new styling. The third generation RX-7 was a bone fide supercar, combining sublime handling, excellent braking and strong acceleration. Although the RX-7 enjoyed a long and successful motor sport career in Australia, issues with unreliability hindered earlier cars from fulfilling their potential, but the third generation RX-7 fared better, winning the James Hardie 12-Hour event at Bathurst on debut in 1992. In order to homologate a revised model for the 1995 Easter Creek 12-Hour race, run as part of the Australian GT Production Car Series, Mazda Australia released the SP, with an intended run of 25 examples slated for production, although it would appear 29 were ultimately made in total at the Kingsgrove workshop, of which 26 were road cars and remaining three designated as race cars. A different intercooler, modified exhaust and new ECU resulted in a substantial increase in power (up to 204 kW) and torque (357 Nm), while other changes included bigger brakes, special 17-inch alloy wheels, a larger 110-litre carbon fuel cell and 4.3:1 ratio rear diff. A significant weight reduction was achieved by using a Recaro race seats, lightweight bonnet, carbon-fibre nose and front spoiler – in all there were some 120 modifications over the standard car, the apparance enhanced by the dramatic carbon rear wing. The SP went on to beat the Porsches at Eastern Creek with Dick Johnson and John Bowe co-driving, backing up with a podium finish in the Targa Tasmania. Compared with the standard RX-7’s list price of $89,505, the SP’s asking price was a hefty $101,610 and today each of the survivors is a highly desirable collector’s item.

HISTORY
    • Ultra-rare homologation special
    • Fresh from long-term storage
    • Offered at No Reserve

One of only nine Vintage Red Mazda RX-7 SPs built at Mazda Australia’s Kingsgrove facility, the first owner of this example ordered the car through Port Darwin Motors Pty Ltd in the Northern Territory, taking delivery on June 30, 1995. Originally owned by a prominent surgeon and keen yachtsman based in Darwin, the car has enjoyed just three NT keepers from new, spending the past twelve years in dry storage. Not running at the time of purchase, the current owner replaced the radiator, clutch slave and master cylinders, cleaned the injectors and replaced the vacuum hoses to get the car running. Showing 111,130 kms on the odometer at the time of cataloguing, the RX-7 retains all the hard to replace items like the original BBS 17-inch wheels, carbon airbox and carbon fuel tank. There are some paint chips and scratches evident in a couple of places (including the passenger’s side door, where it appears someone has tried to break in) and one headlamp cover is broken, while the carbon front clip also has some repairs. The interior presents well, retaining the original Recaro kevlar seats (recovered) and optional air conditioning (not working), an aftermarket turbo timer has been installed, along with a later Kenwood stereo. Rarely available on the open market thanks to the extremely low build numbers, this is a wonderful opportunity to acquire a genuine RX-7 SP at a reasonable price level (the last example sold by Shannons in 2018 made $112,000), a car that can - with a little work and further mechanical recommissioning - easily be returned to original condition. Sold unregistered and unreserved, the original books are missing but the warranty book is supplied, stamped up to 2000 at 85,019 kms.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

i will give them 2k cash tonight for the SP rx7