Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The FD for sale thread. (Gumtree,Ebay,CarSales etc..)

Geez she's a bit tarted up hey? Overspray evident on front bar support bracket, but also looks far too new compared to the engine bay. Corrosion under car reported, owned by Yachtsman so probably spent time near the coast..

Still it's an SP. Might go down to watch the auction - since it's in Sydney...may even look at the car in person to see how bad it is, if I find time.

Post Thanks / Like

that steering wheel has a lot of wear, more than my car which is on about 140000, and it may just be the pics but i don't see any texture from the stonegaurd, so probably repainted

Post Thanks / Like

SP Sold for $74,000... funny a couple of years ago that White 1 in Perth was on the market for months at $45k and no takers...
    https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions...8AE3D8N4JI6X7/

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if Americans are looking at the SPs here to import later?

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck is with the under carriage on this car?
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/geor...0hp/1226125143

Why is it so beat up?

Post Thanks / Like

tucking tyre, probably went over a few speed bumps too quick.

Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen an FD with a front hit, have similar crease damage in the transmission tunnel area. 10' pole probably too short, judging solely by exterior picture selections - then just by a few quick looks, there's the overspray, missing PPF nut, column shroud - that doesn't inspire much confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be rust covered up with blackjack in a lot of areas...The heat shields have been beat up badly, (Prob workshop floor), and sprayed black...but the rest of the chassis that can be seen from outside of the heatshield area appears to be straight..

It could however be a fairly straight car, thats had some black paint put underneath to approve appearances, and a sloppy mechanic working on it...which would make it salvageable for the right price..But looking at the quality of the mechanical work, i would expect to spend a good 100 hours putting bolts back on, replacing missing pieces, removing cable ties etc lol...

And then you would have to remove the horrid "schlammed" look, fix the handling, change those horrid wheels, and by then rebuild a probably very questionable engine (Based on other mechanicals visible!)
    [11:17 PM] Black Talon: never argue with a retard... they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

[02:08 PM] Sefveron: yeah but stocker, you reckon the factory bilsteins are good... your opinion is moot

[02:03 PM] Black Talon: pretty much
    [02:03 PM] Craysus: all warm and cuddly
    [02:03 PM] Craysus: caregiver in a childcare centre..
    [02:02 PM] Deceptikhon: what are you studying to be paul?

"Anonymous User": But if I saw marcus crossing the street, I would chase that cunt up the footpath and into a crowd of school kids in order to do the world a favour and mow him down

Post Thanks / Like

The front bonnet alignment, looks off to me. Like you guys have stated, it doesn't inspire much confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...6297484/?Cr=12

No interior shots and old mate might have something to do with it

Low kms
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you...
    1998 AU SVII - FIRST REG: 1999 - 13B REW / 5SP MAN - MONTEGO BLUE - 18x10 CCW CLASSIC / 888 SEMI's - 234RWkW #STOCK

When I sleep, I never dream. Instead - I live my dreams.

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see a preserved example but not sure its worth what they are asking.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-6006428/?Cr=0

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gav240z View Post
    Just imagine how often you'd have to replace the stupid bushes in the rear end...
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

14. 10-01-2020, 10:14 AM

Reason
    Duplicate

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, is this thread still alive? I’m a new member
    Every moment is a chance to think new thoughts

and with every new thought, we get a chance to choose who we are!

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know where to post this but I really need to get this off my chest.

I’m 19 years old, An rx7 fd is all i’ve ever wanted since I was 3 years old. I’d been browsing online for years looking at these cars for sale ever since I could type and around 2016 I started to get worried about the prices, but I couldn’t do anything at the time (I was 15 and didn’t know how to run a business or have a high income skill).
    Seeing the way things are going with FDs being $50k and hearing owners regret selling, or hearing people say “Good thing I got one when I had the chance” honestly hurts, because I never even had the chance to buy one and like I said, it’s all i’ve ever wanted since I was 3. I reminisce back to a time when Rbs were $20k and I loved how my dream car was also so achievable growing up. The idea of owning one kept me motivated throughout life and it lifted me up when I got down, some might find it a bit weird understandably but it isn’t just a car to me.

I couldn’t see myself selling one, no matter the situation i’d find myself in. I personally believe there’s a creative way to handle anything in life and selling your dreams or values to me is kind of like bowing out and admitting defeat

The situation now, especially with the fear of Americans rubbing their dicks in the bushes eagerly waiting to get their sweaty hands on a late model FD (25 year rule) adds insult to injury. “Sick car bro, what is that like an ahrr X seven?”

I feel a bit betrayed and heartbroken, like i’ve been treated quite unluckily or unfairly. Lately, it’s actually been bothering me (I know, over the price of a car lol). I mean, i’ve gotten over heartbreaks with girls before but that’s pretty easy. This is just another level lol. The car I fell in lifelong love with, just running further and further away from me

Caldinas, cosmos, majestas are all lovely cars. But really, the FD just hits different

I don’t know what to do, but I had to find somewhere to get it off my chest. And this community which I admire as being long in the game, good willed and knowledgeable, is the place that i’ve come to to pour my heart out

Bucket List - Track Ur FD Steve_7000's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, pricey are going mental. If you're that keen, buy one as a track toy. Personally It's very hard to enjoy the FD on normal suburban roads now days, with all the new speed cameras and target on hooning. Takes the enjoyment away of owning a sports car.

In regards to prices, see this YouTube clip of a Spirit r being let go for "chump change" in @ auction.

Personally I think pricey will continue to go north. I also wonder what would happen to the prices of our classics, once the govt imposes silly taxes or fees for road registering old pollution farting FDs. Hoping we are still atleast 20 years away from that becoming a reality.

Good luck!

18. Likes Rx-7 Obsessed Child liked this post
    10A
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha I remember the days of a clean spirit r going for $40k.

Thanks for the vid Steve, that might be a really good idea too hopefully. Buy an ex track toy/time attack or de comissioned best motoring touge car and sweat to death driving a hot, noisy petrol farter. Found some closure since making that pubescent rant but yeah, situation ain’t good lol

Verified!
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the 25 year old rule is anything to worry about. If you're after a 2002 model FD for example, they won't be eligible for import until 2027. By that time, all the good FDs will have dried up in Japan anyway. I've heard stories about fastidious owners of so-called "bonsai" cars (low km vehicles that never get driven) holding back for the 25 year onslaught from the US, but will there really be that much demand by then? By 2030, all new cars will be electric. They will be cheaper and outperform anything available today. Petrol prices will be through the roof and parts for old Mazdas will certainly be thin on the ground.

Collectors in the US desperate enough for low km stock cars are already buying up Japanese cars. They are just having them stored in Canada (where you can legally import all FD models right now) and going up to visit and drive them occasionally. They will then bring them south into the US when the 25 year rule is triggered. This is part of where the drive in Skyline prices has come from.

The recent price rises in FDs in Australia I think is driven more by local factors. Second hand car prices in Australia have increased 30% across the board. There are few new cars available. People have been bored in lockdown dreaming of cars. People have reportedly been taking advantage of accessing super early in order to buy toys. Even if you acquired a car at auction in Japan right now, there will likely be significant delays in getting them shipped and complianced. All factors which have contributed to price rises. There is also a new breed of owners who have become interested in the FD as a result of recent nostalgic popularisation of the cars in motoring media and on socials.

You may have read stories about JDM car prices going crazy in Japan (particularly GTRs and Supras). While there have been some very high prices at auction in Japan for ultra low km FDs in Japan, this is not necessarily seen in moderately driven cars and RX-7 prices have not risen to the same degree as Nissans. I have been following recent auctions and seen quite a few pretty good examples of Spirit Rs or Type RS cars with around 50,000km and they have been passing in with zero bids at prices much lower than cars in Australia are being advertised. There was a stock standard innocent blue mica Spirit R with 55,000 that passed in 7 times at 5.35 million yen. This works out to be around $90K landed, but was a much better example than the Spirit Rs advertised recently for much more.

This leads me to believe you can still get better deals at Japanese auctions, if you are prepared to wait for the car...and the car is much less likely to have a tampered odometer.

My 2c.

21. Thanks Rx-7 Obsessed Child, v8eter thanked for this post
    Likes Rx-7 Obsessed Child liked this post
    10A
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, that’s actually some damn good (and refreshing) insight. I really do hope that the demand smoothes out since it came at such a spike instead of rising gradually, like it normally does with classic cars. The spirit rs with 0 bids is a massive relief too

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry a little bit off topic but this post deserved a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Rx-7 Obsessed Child View Post
    I don’t know where to post this but I really need to get this off my chest.
    --snip--
    I don’t know what to do, but I had to find somewhere to get it off my chest. And this community which I admire as being long in the game, good willed and knowledgeable, is the place that i’ve come to to pour my heart out
    I was in your shoes, signed up to this forum back in 2009 but didn't buy one until 2017. So took me 8 years until I finally got one.

Live your life first, cars aren't everything. If you're focused only on materialistic things life will pass you by and you can't go back to live it again. Being young and irresponsible is only for your teens and early 20s and enjoy it while you can.

I went from having literally nothing in my 20s to having all the cars I wanted at age 34. Got serious about my career at age 27 and then things started to happen slowly but surely. It's not rocket science, put some money aside and get your first property, everything else gets easier from there but be prepared to take some risks.

To give you an example, I bought my RX7 and F355 "sight unseen". Got them between 60-70%? market value at the time. It's a calculated risk based on whatever background research I could do remotely. They've both needed work which I mostly did myself but turned out pretty good in the end. You've got all the time in the world right now to do research and learn some mechanical knowledge and understanding of how to fix cars. That goes a long way in helping you own and keep the cars you dream of owning.

Never give up on your goals but remember to achieve them will take effort.

Last edited by michaelz; 26-11-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    '92 series 6 Aussie FD, VIN# 00006
    Progess thread + other projects

Bridgeport, EFR8374, 4" turbo back, PowerFC
    FFE rails, EV14K 1000cc pri, 2000cc sec
    Turbosmart FPR 1200 v3, 50mm Progate
    Blitz DSBC, 317rwkw/425whp/457nm @ 17psi, 98RON
    Blitz ZZR, Enkei RPF1, Endless, ADVAN AD08R
    Bride VIOS III, Nardi 330mm deepcorn

24. Likes King Sadim liked this post