Hi

I have a genuine Mazda Australia RX7-SP bonnet up for sale

I used to have it on my spirit R which I have already sold.

The colour is a perfect match for the Titanium Grey metallic.

For those of you familiar with the bonnet - you will appreciate how rare and hard to find this is.

For those unfamiliar, this bonnet came with the 1995 Australian RX-7 SP limited edition car of which roughly 35 were made. This car competed in the 1995 Bathurst 12 hour race and beat the Porsche 911 RSCS factory specials!

The bonnet was apparently developed by some "M2" division of Mazda Japan- designed for racing. The story goes that due to the recession, Mazda did not proceed to take this to the market, but instead when Mazda Australia decided to modify the Rx7 for the Bathurst 12 hour race, they raided parts from the M2 project and used them to help create the RX7-SP.

The bonnet came from Japan the "stamp" they used to make the bonnet vents was lost and so no more bonnets were able to be made.

You may recognise the design as there are many replica bonnets in fibreglass or some will have the front vents made into normal bonnets by simply cutting holes in it.

The real SP bonnet was based on the aluminium bonnet and had the front vents were "stamped" as you can see in the pictures - this is different to the backyard cutouts - and can't actually be replicated - hence the rarity.

The vents at the rear of the bonnet are real carbon fibre which have been painted.

The bonnet was designed to increase flow through the radiator and intercooler I believe - this helps keep the engine cool when running and also helps dissipate heat when parked.

Being a genuine Mazda Australia part, it meets ADR requirements.

If you have a titanium grey spirit r - this bonnet is a straight swap over - it has the windscreen washer nozzles and tubing - so it will just bolt on. You can do this at home.

I have included pics of the bonnet both on the car and after I removed it.

It is currently packed up in a box, ready for transport

Location - Adelaide

Delivery - Pick up preferred but buyer can arrange own transport if going interstate

Price - this is the tricky bit - it's a bit hard to put a value on this given the rarity and infrequent sale history.... I paid a lot for this - probably more than most of you imagine - but I'm putting this out there for serious offers from the forum.

Please bear in mind there is nothing else really that compares in terms of ADR compliance, factory design, rarity and function

thanks

Kevin