Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: OEM FD Series 8 Stereo

13B BRAAP
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OEM FD Series 8 Stereo

Hi All,

I have a mate who is trying to keep his spirit B completely stock, The car was imported with a factory stereo, but the clips on the side are missing? not sure if i can find them but he's willing to buy another stereo if someone has one lying around (OEM that is)

Cheers,
    Simon

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OEM FD Series 8 Stereo

A bunch of mazda cars from that generation have the same stereo (differing only in backlight etc). Here is one off a 323 Astina https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAZDA-32...QAAOSwnHZYTOfJ

13B BRAAP
    Post Thanks / Like

HA YOU LEGEND, didn't think of that.

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

My clips were missing too. I went to a self picking wrecker and I grabbed some some a Mazda Tribute. The guys at the counter let me take them for free.

Just a word of warning upon installation. You have to pretty much shoe horn the whole thing into the din hole and it's a tight fit with the gear knob and all (removing it doesn't help much). I would suggesting putting masking tape around the surrounding trim to avoid accidental scratches.

Bonus fact, I've got iPhone/android connectivity to mine. Look up audiogrom BT3, they don't have one for the RX7 for the 323 Astina one works. It charges your phone, answer calls with buttons on the factory headunit and change songs, artists and what have you with existing buttons.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brackaus. I got my radio with orange illumination out of an NB MX5. Plugged straight in to my 2001 V6. The side cap thingy's aren't interchangeable between the radios in my case. The radio's look the same at first glance, but theres a few small differences in the shapes of the mini-disc slot down the bottom, buttons and side caps. Thought that might help you out a bit.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

fdman is right, there are some small variations in the curves between some of those stereos. Have a good look before you order.

I think if it has the modular bottom slot they are different to the ones without it.