Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1995 Bathurst X For Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1995 Bathurst X For Sale

Hi everyone. It is with a little sadness that I have come to the conclusion that it is time to sell my FD. I no longer have the means, or the desire to keep going with it, and I could really use the money elsewhere.

What Is It:

The car is a white Version III 1995 Bathurst X. I've owned it for more than thirteen and a half years. It has been through many changes in that time. The car was a personal import by the guy I bought it from. It doesn't have the original speedo any more, but the car has 138,000km on it (speedo says less due to being replaced years ago).

The car is currently registered in NSW until August. I'm not really interested in shipping it to other states, but if you want to you are more than welcome.

It has been garaged the whole time I've owned it, as well as being kept under a sheet.

Body:

The bodywork is in good condition but it IS 23 years old now. It's not a show car, but it's not a dog either. There are numerous small dents from general use. As well as one decent one in the passenger side sill panel (this was there when I bought it). I don’t know of any rust in the body anywhere. The front guards are not the originals but they are the correct colour. Said front guards were butchered by the person I bought them from, as they were on a car with HEKTIK 20’s. They are pretty straight, but not perfect.

The car has a complete Series 8 front end conversion that also came from the same car as the front gaurds. It includes the bumper, indicators (non genuine), bumper support and lower lip spoiler. The front lip spoiler was originally painted white by the person I bought the parts from, but because the paint was cracked and crappy looking, I recently stripped it all back and painted the lip in a semi-flat black flexible plastic paint for a more original look. The undertray and brake duct plastics were new and also fitted when the conversion was done.

The wheels are nothing special, Sparco mesh in 17 x 8/9 with Bridgestone rubber. The tyres have plenty of tread but have been on the car for at least 10 years. Rubber is 235/45 x 17 front and 255/40 x 17 rear. I would recommend replacing the tyres, they've been on the car for a long time.

The rear spoiler is the later Series 8 version. This is white, however it is NOT the correct white to match the rest of the car. I never got around to getting it painted. The car originally came with the whale-tail spoiler, so there are two holes in the hatch that have been protected and covered in a heat-shrink tape for about 12 years.

The tail lights are also the later Series 8 ones.

The car also has the genuine mudflaps fitted. They were on it when I bought it.

I had the windows tinted dark when I first got the car. The tint is still in excellent conition.

Engine:

The motor was built by Rotormaster many years ago. Mild port. 3mm ceramic seals. Extrude honed inlet manifold. About 27,000km since said rebuild. I have had no issues with the motor since. The engine mounts are urethane.

The fuel system is completely stock. Stock pump, stock injectors, stock rails. The only thing to be altered is the removal of the fuel pump resistor for a constant 12v feed. I never got around to this, but I have the parts to do a full upgrade of the fuel system if you wish to purchase them.

The turbo setup comprises a cast iron HKS manifold which has been ceramic coated black. A Billett Turbochargers Z-P turbo with a 0.84 A/R turbine housing which is also ceramic coated black. A Tial 44mm wastegate, and a custom made adapter for the wastegate to fit to the manifold (the adapter is also ceramic coated black). CLICK HERE FOR TURBO SPECS. This is essentially a T04Z spec turbo.

The exhaust is a custom made dump pipe with plumbed in wastegate return. I made this myself in the garage, and had BigHaks TIG weld it all together, and then had it ceramic coated black like the manifold. The rest of the exhaust comprises a 3 inch SMB muffled mid section and 3 inch twin tip rear section. Both of these are painted in black VHT flame proof paint.

The air pump system has been completely removed. There is also an idler pulley kit by TweakIt in the USA due to the elimination of the air pump.

The intercooler is a Pettit Racing Cool Charge III from the USA, minus the silly fan they supplied with it. The engine side pipe was supplied with the kit. The turbo side pipe I made myself, and had welded by a professional (the same guy that welded all the mounting tabs and stuff on for me). This intercooler kit works extremely well. I have never gotten around to painting this to match the rest of the engine bay.

The whole intake manifold, including the throttle body as well as the turbo compressor housing, and various other parts, have been painted in VHT Wrinkle paint.

The ECU is a trusty Power FC.

The clutch is a stock item. This I also never got around to upgrading, but I have an HKS clutch here if you wish to purchase it.

NOTE: The engine has NOT been tuned to this turbo configuration yet. You have been told. I shall NOT be held responsible for any damage or destruction caused by you thrashing this thing BEFORE you have it tuned. The car runs just fine as it is right now. It's only running 10psi boost, so no real issues unless you do something silly without the rest of the required upgrades first (fuel system and tune).

Suspension:

Aus spec Tein Super Street, purchased from Fulcrum Suspension back when they were doing them 10 years ago, with less than 20,000km use. ALL of the major suspension bushes have been replaced, including a complete SuperPro urethane bush kit, and new OEM pillowball bushes in the rear x 8. The SuperPro kit also includes diff cradle bushes. This kit does NOT include any bushes related to the swaybars.

There is also an RE Amemiya Lower Bridge Bar in the front. This is a strengthened and braced mount for the front swaybar.

Brakes:

RS spec 314mm rotors all round, painted with black VHT calliper paint. The whole setup was purchased NEW from a fellow forum member a few years ago, including front and rear callipers, front and rear discs, pads, pad retaining hardware and disc backing plates. These have less than 10,000km use. Only the rear backing plates have not been fitted as it was going to be a little time consuming to do at the time. You can have said rear backing plates if you wish to fit them (this requires removing the rear hubs, which also requires replacing the wheel bearings).

Endless braided brake lines are fitted. There is also a master cylinder brace fitted.

All calipers have speed bleeders fitted.

Other stuff includes:

• Koyo N-Flow radiator (fitted).

• AutoStaff AST elimination thermostat housing (fitted).

• Defi BF gauges with Amber lighting including Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure and Boost (fitted to the dash and operational).

• HKS Twin Spark ignition booster (fitted).

• Mazdaspeed Type F driver’s seat. The colour does not match the rest of the interior (fitted).

• Alloy 17 inch space saver spare to clear the brakes (fitted).

• The factory Momo steering wheel for this model is fitted.

• The rear seats were replaced with the 2 seat conversion using all factory parts. One bin has been cut out to fit the battery (passenger side).

• There is a cheap JVC stereo installed. This doesn't have a CD mechanism in it, it is designed purely for AUX input or a USB drive. The speakers are nothing special.

• The car has a Rhino alarm fitted. Also connected to factory central locking parts.

• Custom floor mats made using an original red carpet that matches the factory carpet.

• RE Amemiya 300km/k speedo (fitted).

• Recently replaced clutch master cylinder.

• Heat shielding around master cylinders, brake booster resevoir, hoses and throttle cable.

• Extra heat shielding on turbo side engine mount.

• Brand new air conditioning condenser fitted a few years ago. Yes the air con works fine.

I can also supply (NOT included in the price, unless negotiated):

• HKS LA clutch kit, purchased new, as well as a brand new Mazda counterweight and bolts required for the aftermarket flywheel.

• New clutch slave cylinder with speed bleeder installed.

• Complete set of parts for a fuel system, including FFE rails, Injector Dynamics injectors, regulator, hose, fittings, Walbro fuel pump, FEED anti-surge tank fitting, and even parts and fittings to relocate the fuel filter and replace it with a generic filter that doesn't cost $180 to replace.

Pics:

Price:

$25,000 without the clutch and fuel system parts. This is of course negotiable.

Eastern suburbs of Sydney.

I'm NOT interested in a swap for another project. Unless it's mostly cash my way and a 1988 GSX-R1100J.

Happy for people to come and have a look, but don't expect to low-ball me without having seen it, I'll tell you to piss off. I'd like to move it quickly, but I'm not going to take ten grand so don't even bother.

Contact me here or send me a PM. I'll give my number to anyone seriously interested.

Thanks.

Paul.
    Last edited by Black Talon; 25-04-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

13B-Renesis
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1995 Bathurst X For Sale

Don’t do it man
    having a v8 in an fd is like opening a playboy magazine and seeing some bloke pulling his cock..it just isn't supposed to be there.

Post Thanks / Like

2 more years and she's eligible for club reg.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a nice motor. 13 years is a long time to own a car, sure you wont miss it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by v8eter View Post
    Don’t do it man
    Not really an option any more unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by gav240z View Post
    2 more years and she's eligible for club reg.
    NSW is 30 years for historic rego. Aaaand, the car needs to be completely stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Ceylon View Post
    Looks like a nice motor. 13 years is a long time to own a car, sure you wont miss it?
    I've driven it twice in the last 6 months. I put about 1,000km on it last year. To put that into perspective, when I first got it, it was my only car and I used to drive it every day. I may miss it after it's gone, but it's a matter of value. It's costing me money in rego and insurance, and I'm just not getting the use out of it to justify keeping it.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, been there myself with an FD before. Good luck with the sale, looks like a good motor!

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

When it is time to sell, it's time to sell. Better leaving with happy memories, than bitter feelings.

If I was in the market for a FD, I would be all over this. Your car represents what I imagine to be hundreds hours of research, thorough maintenance, and well executed modifications. For a reasonable price no less.

All the best on your sale.

If whoever buys this wants to part with the Type-F seat, give me a pm. I've got one too in that colour, and would love a pair, the blue is a rare colour.

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah cheap for a solid FD these days. Regardless of what it needs in terms of tuning work etc... If I was to sell mine I'd ask $30k personally. Lots of junk for sale in the lower end of the market.

I just hope you don't miss it too much in future.

If the new owner hates red carpet. Happy to swap for mint black s6 carpet ��
    Last edited by gav240z; 29-04-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats really sad! I thought posting up the adverts and having inquiries may have made you sober up and change your mind about selling it after 13 years of ownership. Congratulations on the sale and to the new owner, they are very lucky to have got their hands on such a meticulously maintained RX7.

...first dibs after Gav on the carpet :P

Post Thanks / Like

Since everyone is talking about parts, if you would like the rear seats back, I would happily swap for the bins

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gav240z View Post
    Must be a pretty low quality piece of fiberglass if it has clearence issues where a factory bonnet doesn't. Cheap parts are simply never worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree, I do like that style of bonnet however.