Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HELP!! Ratchet/Socket Accident

13B-REW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP!! Ratchet/Socket Accident

Hi All,

After more than 10 years in the garage I finally got around to working on the garage queen.

And then I slipped. I was being lazy and my ratchet/socket slipped and smashed the top of the brake master cylinder reservoir. Mazda want over $759 for a new assembly which I'm not keen to pay. Nothing is available aftermarket.

I'm looking for a replacement complete assembly or just the reservoir. Please help get this oversize dust collector out in the light of day once more!

P.S. I live in NZ but I'll be in Brisbane from Friday to Tuesday, happy to pick up or pay for shipping, I can pay via paypal, bank transfer or cash.

13B
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP!! Ratchet/Socket Accident

If it's just the reservoir and cap you are after the part number is F1Y0-43-55X. I replaced mine 18months ago, back then from Mazda Japan they were 10,778yen ($148.61 NZD).

I see amayama.com has them for $166. I bet you could get it for a bit less from Jesse Streeter.

Post Thanks / Like

The resevoir is available as a set. You DO NOT need to buy the whole master cylinder assembly.

Part Number F1Y0-43-55X. Can be found in the EPC HERE.

Available from Amayama, shipped from Australia for $166.52 AUD, plus $15 AUD shipping to NSW.

Why people insist on going to Mazda dealers for parts is beyond me.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

Rock auto probably has the complete assembly cheapest if you wanted a new one (non oem) I'd bet. Got a 929 master that way.

There's several stock masters disassembled with a reservoir or two in a box over at the workshop, send me an address and I can pop one in the mail probably Wednesday, or tomorrow.

13B-REW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suprspt View Post
    Rock auto probably has the complete assembly cheapest if you wanted a new one (non oem) I'd bet. Got a 929 master that way.

There's several stock masters disassembled with a reservoir or two in a box over at the workshop, send me an address and I can pop one in the mail probably Wednesday, or tomorrow.
    Absolute legend Bill. I'll send you a PM now. I really appreciate it, thank you!