Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: fuel pump replacement options without modifying hanger

Post Thanks / Like

Default fuel pump replacement options without modifying hanger

Hi there, I want to replace my fuel pump on a pretty much standard car. Wondering what pump would go in without mods to the hanger? I see a fuelmiser FPE-287 looks to do that but cant find any specs on flow to make sure its up to the task. Any help much appreciated!

Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: fuel pump replacement options without modifying hanger

Exact drop in?

https://www.autolinkparts.com.au/fue...uit-ford-honda looks Denso style at the base to take the rubber boot, memory of the top of a stock pump is hazy, whether the nylon "hat" would fit or you'd have to cut the hardline and use those hose clamps.......hard to say.

Could be an ND pump unbranded out of a Chinese factory. If the retailer won't divulge or doesn't know who made it, I'd walk away.....I'm assuming the model number is a flow rate at some unspecified pressure - the total lack of info wouldn't inspire any confidence in me!

3. Thanks Steve thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Suprspt! I purchased this race only kit and nothing about it fits. I was prepared to cut the hardline and use the fittings in the kit but the base is totally wrong, no way to get the strainer on and secured. strange they would sell this. So now looking at what to try next. fuelmiser is a big brand with No specs available!

https://www.raceonly.com.au/product/...p-upgrade-kit/

Quote Originally Posted by Suprspt View Post
    Exact drop in?

https://www.autolinkparts.com.au/fue...uit-ford-honda looks Denso style at the base to take the rubber boot, memory of the top of a stock pump is hazy, whether the nylon "hat" would fit or you'd have to cut the hardline and use those hose clamps.......hard to say.

Could be an ND pump unbranded out of a Chinese factory. If the retailer won't divulge or doesn't know who made it, I'd walk away.....I'm assuming the model number is a flow rate at some unspecified pressure - the total lack of info wouldn't inspire any confidence in me!

Capt Cryptic
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if anyone local sells the old Supra 280 pump which would be exact?

That pump just looks like it relies on the compression fitting and pushlock rigidity over a short length to mostly retain it. The rubber cushioning between the hanger and the pump, plus the stock boot wedged in, must do the rest to stop it rattling around.

For the Walbros here, turned a thin plastic ring to centre the pump and hose-clamped that to the hanger to retain it - and avoid any possibility of distorting the body.

The SS hardware kit is a bit red hot I must say, ha! You'd probably buy 10 inspection cover kits for under $10 at a fastener shop.