Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NLR: Camber kit (front and rear).

Post Thanks / Like

Default NLR: Camber kit (front and rear).

Hi, as title states i am after a camberkit for the front and rear. Wheels are too wide so i was planning to go some 4 degree camber

Or would any member know a website/shop i can purchase a set from. Brand doesn't matter as long as it does the job. New or used i am not picky as long as they are in good working order.

I am located in Sydney

Will pay for shipping, help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WTB: Camber kit (front and rear).

Rhd japan sell a universal camber kit that could be fitted onto your front strut tower with a lot of f...iiiing around. Ric Shaw rotary has a race car method of relocating some mounting points on chassis both front and rear to increase camber, I think using control arm relocation points. I would not recommend for a street car as it will chew your tyres out super quickly. If you have the wrong offset wheels my advice would be to cut your losses and sell them, or the other option is to have your guards rolled and possibly use wheel spacers. Talk to a reputable suspension guy and they should put you in the right direction.

Cheers Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfella View Post
    Rhd japan sell a universal camber kit that could be fitted onto your front strut tower with a lot of f...iiiing around.
    A camber kit that fits to the top of the strut tower WILL NOT DO ANYTHING. The FD has double wishbone suspension front and rear. The strut top has no influence on any of the geometry at all.

To get more camber than stock adjustments will allow, you need to replace the upper or lower control arm bushes with eccentric items. I am told these have a tenancy to move around though.

Here is my hot tip... GET WHEELS WITH THE CORRECT OFFSET.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the opinions and tips.

I was already aware of the wrong offset, but l love heaps of dish and camber. Some may agree.. and some might not. But each to their own opinions. With the "tire ware" i am not fussed..

But i will research the following sources that have been provided so far..

If anyone else can help that will be sweet.

Thanks

Allan

Prepare for extermination
    Post Thanks / Like

Just get flared guards like me, my wheels stick out from the stock guards heaps, but with flared guards they will fit awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XTRMN8 View Post
    Just get flared guards like me, my wheels stick out from the stock guards heaps, but with flared guards they will fit awesome.
    would you by any chance be able to send me a pic of a flared guards? My guards are rolled, though i do not know the difference whether it is rolled + flared or just rolled. *shrugs*

well heres a few pics of how my car sits :

I'm still looking for any sort of camber tops or camber kits !

Anyone know where i can buy them asap?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You're gonna need a ridiculous amount of negative camber to get those inside the guards mate. So much so that even if you could get them inside the guards, they're gonna chew the crap out of the inside edge of your tyres.

You're far better off getting more suitable offset wheels or if you must have them, get some flared guards like burnout or bodyform (adjust has these I think?)

Need something for your FD?
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjp005 View Post
    You're far better off getting more suitable offset wheels or if you must have them, get some flared guards like burnout or bodyform (adjust has these I think?)
    I have to agree. This is a perfect example of wheels that simply should not be on the car. You have totally the wrong offset. As a result, you have the completely wrong size tyres for the width of wheel, in an attempt to make them at least sort of not scrub the guards. In my opinion, your car is dangerous as it sits, and should not be driven on the roads.

There is only two solutions to your problem.

1... Widebody kit as James has suggested already.

2... Different wheels with the correct offsets.

What is so wrong with buying wheels that fit properly, and then having the correct size tyres on them?

You CAN fit a 285 on a 10 inch rim on the rear of the FD without it hanging out the guards at all, so long as you have the correct offset.
    You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success... FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Never argue with a retard... They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that offset is pretty fail im sorry to say. Even with ridiculously stretched tyres they are past being flush.

You can try adjusting the camber as much as possible with the stock components but i dont think that is going to do much for you, not to mention shortening the life of the tyre by alot.

The way i see it, honestly you have two options, sell the wheels and get something a little less aggressive OR go a feed widebody kit for example... which will cost you quite a bit, fitting and paint etc. and there is no going back after that, the rear anyway.

Throwing heaps of camber into it just to make the wheels hopefully work is not a solution.

Post Thanks / Like

I respect all the opinions.

Like i quoted earlier which some of you may of not read..

"I was already aware of the wrong offset, but l love heaps of dish and camber. Some may agree.. and some might not. But each to their own opinions. With the "tire ware" i am not fussed.."

With the money side, its not an issue. If it comes down to add on guards then i guess that the path im going to have to take.

But as title states I'm just ASKING if anyone knows WHERE TO BUY a camber kit or camber tops.

But then again from what i have heard.. might post up the wheels up for sale .. see how things go with this camber kit issue.

Prepare for extermination
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the Burnout front and rear flares, they will make the wheels fit nice.
    let me know if your interested, im ordering mine tonight, i can order you some as well and save us both on shipping. Andrew 0404 357 378
    http://www.shineautoproject.com/specb.htm

If not, i reckon the wheels look good, but i think some sort of flared fenders will suit better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aowwllan View Post
    But as title states I'm just ASKING if anyone knows WHERE TO BUY a camber kit or camber tops.
    If you care to read my original post you will find the answer to Camber Tops. They will DO NOTHING AT ALL TO HELP YOU.

If you cared to search a little through the Technical sections, and I dunno, maybe the one titled Suspension, you would find EVERYTHING you are looking for. If you did just a LITTLE research into the actual suspension systems of an FD you would know exactly what you need and even have a good idea where to get it from.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, Andy.. You guys are legends and I love you both (you both know that hehe) but you gotta ease up on the dude, neither of you have ever tried to fit super wide, low offset wheels to a car so you shouldn't just dismiss his idea without having and experience with how it will fit, or drive yourself. You'd be surprised at how well they can drive if you put the effort in.
    Everyone is different, Paul your car has racecar stance and Andy yours has sunk spec 19s everyone likes different things. I've had race stance, sunk spec and this new hellaflush shit or whatever people call it and can appreciate them all i would never e-hate on something i don't understand or hadn't at least had experience with.

Anywayw OP the wheels will fit but it won't be easy, those are even more aggressive than mine were. Don't expect to be cutting laps of wakefield or bragging about how many km's you get from a set of tyres but with the right setup it will be definately driveable and super hot (to those who like low offset stance).

Flare the guards, Sydney Guard Rolling will be able to get 15-20mm without a worry and then the rim lip will sit a mm or so out of the bodywork, with the stretched rubber poking up under.
    As for camber the factory rear will give you plenty of adjustment, however you may require a set of aftermarket front camber arms to make those fit as they are very aggressive.

Also I would recommend a cheap set of Enkeis or whatever in 17x9/17x10 +38 or so for track duties as you are certainly not going to want to race on those.

PS while i'm here i hope all your cars are going mad, i think i still hear andy rape it up and down my street every now and then

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha yes each to their own i acknowledge that. I ain't having a go at him at all, all good. Was just stating how i saw his options from my point of view. I'd go the feed kit and keep the rims personally and then its a win win.

Yes i always give it a quick hit out of the corner and past your house, knowing you'd love to hear the screamer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAVRCK View Post
    ...neither of you have ever tried to fit super wide, low offset wheels to a car...
    There is one very simple reason for that. They DON'T fit.

Wide is easy. Get 10 inch wheels with a +50mm offset. They will fit under stock rear guards with a simple lip roll. No flaring, no widebody, no hassles. To top it off you can have a 285 tyre on there rather than a silly 245.

I know what I would prefer to have.

Post Thanks / Like

a 17 x 8 +35 with a lift kit Paul?

10A
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I have what you're looking for...
    pm sent

Post Thanks / Like

i love the stance of your car man, looks tops

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aowwllan View Post
    I respect all the opinions.

Like i quoted earlier which some of you may of not read..

"I was already aware of the wrong offset, but l love heaps of dish and camber. Some may agree.. and some might not. But each to their own opinions. With the "tire ware" i am not fussed.."

With the money side, its not an issue. If it comes down to add on guards then i guess that the path im going to have to take.

But then again from what i have heard.. might post up the wheels up for sale .. see how things go with this camber kit issue.
    Try Wholesale Suspension Penith
    Speak to Patrick.
    Those items generally in stock

Post Thanks / Like

Flare the Guards, Camber is shithouse on RX-7's, you get no traction and it makes your sports car drive like a full blown drift car. I run a heap of camber on my street wheels (9.5/11.5 Work Meisters) It looks cool but that's about it. Check my Garage out as I have pics with 9.5/10.5 and flared guards, fitting the 11.5's was a much greater task but traction is shithouse. especially with well over 400HP @ Wheels.

If you want to adjust it a bit you can adjust the eccentric bolts, any more than that is just silly.

Good Luck
    Last edited by JDM JET; 24-08-2010 at 12:42 AM.